cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not repaired

Anonymous
Not applicable
My Lumia phone has been freezing and resetting to factory reset and losing all data for a couple of months now and two weeks ago wouldn't let me type more than one word of text in anywhere. It was sent away initially to anovo and then to Nokia as it needed a high level repair. I was told none of this information it was always long calls and being passed around from one person to another before I found anything out.
I finally got my phone back today with a letter back saying that they couldn't replicate the fault so the phone is classed as not having been repaired. I am not happy at all especially as when I was setting it up it froze and reset again. It is only 7 months old am I within my rights to ask for a different model?
Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
You can contact MS through the link below and click on contact us:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/products/mobile-devices

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Only Microsoft can answer that really.
O2 won't replace until they have had 3 attempts to fix the same problem, but if you contact MS directly they may help.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you. How can I contact them directly when my contract is with O2 and the handset got sent to Nokia. It's a bit of a minefield
Message 3 of 11

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
You can contact MS through the link below and click on contact us:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/products/mobile-devices

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh boy, this could have been written by me.  Exactly the same issue - 'phone seven months old, frozen and unusable, sent away for repair and after 11 days came back with the exact same 'not repaired' letter.  I asked for the 'phone to be replaced under the 12 month guarantee, but apparently all that guarantee means is that the 'phone will be repaired free of charge. Shameful I think, when there is obviously an inherent fault.  I too lost all my 'photos and data - couldn't back it up before sending for repair as the 'phone wouldn't boot up and my PC didn't even recognise that a 'phone was connected.  I don't expect a seven month old 'phone to die like this.  Not happy.

Message 5 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh boy, this could have been written by me.  Exactly the same issue - 'phone seven months old, frozen and unusable, sent away for repair and after 11 days came back with the exact same 'not repaired' letter.  I asked for the 'phone to be replaced under the 12 month guarantee, but apparently all that guarantee means is that the 'phone will be repaired free of charge. Shameful I think, when there is obviously an inherent fault.  I too lost all my 'photos and data - couldn't back it up before sending for repair as the 'phone wouldn't boot up and my PC didn't even recognise that a 'phone was connected.  I don't expect a seven month old 'phone to die like this.  Not happy. 

You need to send it off again for repair. Which phone is it?

Warranty is for repair or replace at the discrection of the network or manufacturer.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for that.  The 'phone appears to working OK at the moment, so I'm not sure sending it away for repair is worthwhile when they said they said they were unable to trace a fault. (All they did was re-set to factory settings).  Problem is I've now lost faith in the 'phone and don't trust it not to happen again.  I'm going to lodge a complaint with 02 - when I can summon up the energy - and push for a replacement.

Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It could have been a corrupt file or dodgy app that was giving you trouble, so it may be alright now.
I've had quite a few Lumia and other Windows phones and never had any serious issues with any of them.
Let us know how you get on with any further issues, repairs or replacements.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think it is an app or a file issue as I have not re-installed any and it has crashed twice in the five hours that I have had it back

I have another appointment with the guru tomorrow in store but have been told that Microsoft are not supporting the phone as they are concentrating on their tablets and headgear which is fantastic. I will be looking for a different model as this phone is unreliable to say the least

Message 9 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Regardless of what they are concentrating on now, they still have to honour their warranties - don't be fobbed off by ill advised shop staff.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 11