I bought a mobile hotspot from o2 few month back and I have few questions/issue about
The model provided by o2 is Netgear MR1100
At first it looks like a standard MR1100 and apparently it is unlocked to any network, as it is working with others network SIM card. However I have noticed few things which make me think this device is not "fully" unlocked.
- 1) the default SSDID name is O2.....
- 2) it is impossible to update the firmware despite having official releases from Netgar. On my device is firmware NTG9X50C_12.06.03.00. The current firmware available from Netgear is NTG9X50C_12.06.11.00. I tried to update manually my device with the new firmware and I received the message "firmware not compatible with this device". Automatic updates cannot find new firmware.
3) the SKU on my device is MR1100-1TFUKS which is specific to O2.
Here are my questions:
1) Am I right to think my device is an O2 customised firmware?
2) Is there a way to update the firmware, knowing that several Wifi and Ethernet connectivity issues are fixed with the new firmwares
3) Can I unlock my device with a code or some sort of manipulation?
4) Why O2 is not offering Unlimited Data on this type of device (With a condition of fair usage obviously)
5) How can I extend the Wifi range of my hotspot? I haven't notice any difference by changing the range in the device options(Short,Medium or Long) or the frequency of the bandwith (20 Mhz,40MHz or 80 MHz)
6) Which Band Region should I use LTE All or WCDMA?
Thank you in advance for your help.