Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Media player

Ian128
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have recently upgraded from a J3(2017) to an A22.

I use Vinylage Player APP for listening to my old record collection. These were recorded as *.wma format.  Now all these recordings won't play in the same APP on my new A22 where *.mp3 are all fine.  An extra puzzle is that I can play the *.wma files using VLC player.  I am a little puzzled and after contacting Samsung support even they couldn't find the issue. Any thoughts would be welcome.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Ian128 

The app should play any file type it is designed to do so, the only thing I can think of is to contact Vinylage or ask Samsung if Knox is blocking the file types

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 4

Ian128
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Not heard of Knox, but I would expect it to block all APPS, VLC player has no issue. As far as contacting the developer, that particular guy comes from the Ukraine!!!  For my thinking it has to be something to do with the A22 as my old J3 is fine.

Message 3 of 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

If VLC plays the files, then its not the A22, but the app itself..  

the J3 ran an older version of Android, so it could be that its not been updated to run on the latest version.

Knox is the security layer on Samsung phones which prevents malicious actors such as files, doing naughty things on your phoen..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 4