Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest struggle with the Smartphone - Memory and photos

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Hi the good news is that the phone is being used daily if only for Whats App and texts.  But Im on my way

The phone is an Amplicomms. Im now using the Android version not Seniors .

The not so good news is 

A Message keeps telling me Memory is low .      But i cant seem to uninstall any Google items to release memory. The only ones to uninstall are the 3 things Ive added.      Am i not uninstalling a cache of things or other ?

In regard to the above I I bought a mini SD card which I assumed would hold photos and save memory. But ir appears from the manual this isnt the case.      ???????

In theold days to get info one picked up the phone dialled a number got through , got info and one was away. It all seems so very complicated these dayDestroy

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Hi @Jenny105 I'm not familiar with the settings for that phone but you should be able to go into your settings and find the "Storage and Memory" tab where you can tell the phone to save photos to the memory card. It should also give you details in that section of how much memory you have, how much is used and how much is spare.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Jenny105 Wave Did @MI5's suggestion help you sort this memory issue out? 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 8

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Hi @Jenny105 I'm not familiar with the settings for that phone but you should be able to go into your settings and find the "Storage and Memory" tab where you can tell the phone to save photos to the memory card. It should also give you details in that section of how much memory you have, how much is used and how much is spare.

Hi M15, Thanks for that .The amplicomms M 9500 has 2 means of operation 1 for seniors  and 1 for android.

The seniors has a means for contacting family members for in house help . Android has settings. 

My small family are sooo busy I cant ask . 

The Android setting for storage shows SD but wont activate. Ive checked the card is in the correctly (:-), so I'm flummoxed (olde English for puzzled and confused)

I guess I'll have to find a friend, or my godson , who can act as helper on the Senior section. Items can be can sorted things remotely.

Ive just found an article in a magazine for the deaf . Theres a company that supplies info for deaf people (possibly others) with regard to tablets.   They produce others. if i find a publication re smart phones I'll post it up.

Byeee

Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
What size SD card is it (capacity) as I would imagine 32Gb would be the biggest the phone would work with.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 8

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Is it also worth checking (if possible) if the card a) has space and/or b) is formatted correctly?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 8

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Thank you for the suggestions . I checked mout and one of the settings is now showing that the mini SD card is holding items.     Another confusion is the different categories listed on the phone for photos- Camera, Album, Gallery, another i dont understand. The manual might help with this tho.

The next wil be to download these.  Theres been success in doing this in the past but my confidence has been knocked by several IT glitches this year . So I just expect hindrances at every turn at the mo.

I have another smartphone query to post sometime. Is it best to start a new post with different theme title. Or continue here. 

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
For a new question it's best to start a new thread @Jenny105

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8