cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K850i - picture messaging, no help & poor O2 service

Anonymous
Not applicable
In May I took out a new contract with O2, and mistakenly chose the notorious Sony Ericsson K850i. Apart from the usual problems of screen freezes etc, I have had terrible problems setting up O2’s picture messaging service. Firstly I could neither send or receive picture messages, then after adjustments were made I couldn’t open picture messages. I have had O2 make adjustments to my account, send and resend settings to the phone, manually input settings to the phone. I have taken the phone in store and had two different guys mess with the phone for nearly an hour. Sony Ericsson have confirmed the phone is not faulty, told me it is a known issue with O2 and the K850i, with which the responsibility lays with O2. I asked why they were allowed to sell a phone which they can’t fully support and Sony Ericsson said it is up to O2 and nothing to do with them. O2 will not replace my handset, upgrade my contract, release me from my contract or anything. I just keep paying my Direct Debit each month. It may seem petty over picture messaging, but it is after all a camera phone, which is why I chose it. Hence I want to picture message with people. I consider I have been sold a phone and O2 contract under false pretences. Can anyone offer advice, please? 😞
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Level 9: Fired up
  • 1487 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I would call through to CS and ask if they can transfer you to the technical team. I'd discuss with them what has been attempted so far. Should they proceed through all the checks and believe the phone is faulty (it may be a software issue!) then O2 can replace/repair the phone.
Message 2 of 5

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions
Ok I will try to help you regarding the issue.

I need to know a couple of things first.

* How long have you had these problems?

* What version of software do you have on the phone (go to settings, update service, and choose the software version)

* And when the settings are resent to the phone, do the pics then work for a short while?

If you can answer me these 3 quesions i will tell you what you need to know.
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your offer of help. I have had the phone, and all it's problems since 15th May 2008. I have updated the software on the phone, more than once. I have installed new settings sent to it via Sony Ericsson Technical Team and also the O2 Technical Team. I have tried turning the phone off and disconnecting the battery and SIM card each time I have installed these new settings. I have taken the phone into an O2 store, had account settings adjusted (in case it was due to porting my existing number from T-Mobile) and reset all settings again and again. The phone is never any different. Nothing we do makes it work, ever, at all. O2 are now saying they don't know why it wont work. Sony Ericsson say the same.
Message 4 of 5

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions
I do hope that you get the problem resolved.

Have you asked for a number change?

I know that may not be your answer, but it may be your only option if the problems have only happended on trasnfering your phone no over?

Also have you tried the sim in another phone or been to the o2 shop and tried it in one of theres to see if the fault is still there?

possible a faulty sim card
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 5 of 5