cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal AKA HTC Touch Pro??????

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone know what this phone is, I've heard loads of speculation, O2 select customer services can not (maybe will not) release info about it.

The only thing i know is that it's an XDA (so probably an HTC) and that it has an expected release date of mid Nov.

The big question is whether or not it's the HTC Touch Pro.

If anyone has any concrete info, please share.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ive just had a thought, just hit me what i posted on the other topic!

As O2 germany gentrally bring out the XDA range first (about 2 or 3 months) in advance. But there is no crystal on their website!

http://www.o2online.de/nw/homepage/xda/ ... abel=o2xda

So its all a bit confusing??

P.s. Im right in thinking that there are no support staff on this forum to help with problems and answer question.

Maybe Vodafone will be a bit helpfull, (if they are only a bit helpfull it better than O2 are). Plus the Dimond is already avalable with them, so the touch pro maybe coming soon ive sent there custmer support an email and they probally will be more helpfull.
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
The XDA Crystal is Pay As You Go NOT Contract.

So not the HTC Touch Pro folks.
Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Level 9: Fired up
  • 1487 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I'm pretty sure that the XDA Crystal is the Asus GM5 smartphone.

The GCF have an entry for a GM5/Crystal/XDA Zest from AsusTek.
http://www.globalcertificationforum.org ... nalId=1487

In other news, the HTC Touch Pro got GCF certification TODAY.
http://www.globalcertificationforum.org ... nalId=1374
Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well.... i email vodafone on Wednesday and after responses i had from O2 customer support, i wasn't expecting much of a reply (i was very plesently supprised). I was no by my computer yesterday, but this morning a reply hit my inbox.

Whats more intressting is, if you want to enquire about the Iphone o2 are only happy to help.

Well here is my email from vodafone, and when my contract ends with O2 i know what i will be doing.

Hi Andy,
Thank you for contacting Vodafone Customer Services about the HTC Touch Pro.
I’ve read your email and understand that you as you are on O2 network and you wish to take New Connection with Vodafone. As you are aware that the HTC Touch Diamond available with Vodafone and also you wish to know about the HTC Touch Pro will be available by the end of the year. I'll certainly help you with this.
I’m happy to hear that you're interested in becoming a Vodafone customer.
Andy, I’d like to let you know that HTC Touch Pro will be launch on 29th August 2008 and I'll be unable to give the cost of the HTC Touch Pro as it has not been finalised that it will be for the contract customers.
Alternatively, you can visit any of our Vodafone Retail Store. To find your nearest store please click here. or you can also check by visiting our website www.vodafone.co.uk for our new arrivals.
Andy, I trust the above information about the HTC Touch Pro is helpful. In the meantime, If there’s anything else please feel free to contact me.
Kind Regards,
Mohammad Sheikh
Vodafone Customer Services
Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Level 9: Fired up
  • 1487 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I missed this a few days ago.
It looks like the O2 name for the Touch Pro is the XDA Serra.

http://www.globalcertificationforum.org ... nalId=1514
Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi I spoke to O2 customer services yesterday and they told me that the HTC Touch Pro will be released as the XDA Crystal. They also expect it to be available from 20th October. grin
Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi I spoke to O2 customer services yesterday and they told me that the HTC Touch Pro will be released as the XDA Crystal.

They are guessing. And they are wrong.
Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes they are wrong.

XDA Crystal will be Pay As You Go!!!!
Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes they are wrong.
XDA Crystal will be Pay As You Go!!!!

Sorry to sound sceptical but are you guessing or do you know for sure? And whats your source?
Message 10 of 12