cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cortana & Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

I've heard that WP 8.1 Update 1 is rolling out to the Lumia 930 devices at the moment, anyone know when other handsets will get the update? Is O2 involved in this update like they were with 8.1 itself?

I have the 1520 and can't wait to upgrade!

Cheers!

Message 1 of 115
114 REPLIES 114

Anonymous
Not applicable
"And could we please drop the stupid name "Microkia"? It's childish and pathetic."

No, sorry.
Message 51 of 115

Anonymous
Not applicable
All this banter is very good but its been 3 weeks since the 1st post on this subject and now 2 days since @Chris_K was going to find out more. I know O2 have loads of things to do but surely someone somewhere will know if this update is ready to go or not and at least give some sort of timescale when we can expect it. I spoke to someone via Live Chat and they sent me a link for the update ....... It was for Windows PC not mobile.
Message 52 of 115

Mrnick
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

found this post on Chris's page. http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apps/Lumia-Denim/m-p/776117

by the time we get the update 1 for the 930. Microsoft will release Denim for all unlocked phones. So I have decided as o2 seem to have their finger true lodged in their you what. I am unlocking my 930 I don't do voicemails so be no lost for me. It be a gain as i will have Cortana and other features before you guys on here 😋. O2 are taking the right biscuit.

Message 53 of 115

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm going to do the same.

Fed up with O2.

Message 54 of 115

Anonymous
Not applicable

To me it's not that big a deal to be honest. I have more important things going on in my life to be concerned about waiting a few extra weeks for a phone update. It's not the end of the world and doesn't mean enough to me to spit my dummy out and go running off to buy something else next time or switch to another network, but nevertheless it is frustrating and we should at least be given some sort of idea when it's due. Somebody at O2 must know something.

Message 55 of 115

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hi all,

I realise my last 'update' was a few days ago and I apologise for the delay. We expected the 8.1 GDR1 update was live already but after doing some digging a few days ago it appears there had been an issue found with the build, which has been re-submitted by us immediately.

We expected this new build to be live by now but we've been in touch with Nokia who are now investigating it for us with urgency - We apologise for the delay but we hope this will be live soon and would suggest waiting for this rather than potentially voiding your warranty by installing unverified and unapproved software.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 56 of 115

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the update, Chris. The lack of info was the most frustrating part, not so much the absence of the update itself. Fingers crossed Denim won't take as long to reach us once Nokia unleash it into the wild.
Message 57 of 115

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for looking into it!
Message 58 of 115

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thank you for the update. As mentioned above it's not so much the delay but the not knowing that is frustrating for most of us I would think.

Message 59 of 115

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for letting us know @Chris_K!

Fingers crossed it won't take too long!
Message 60 of 115