cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Callcorder Pro

Anonymous
Not applicable

I need to record an Answering Machine greeting made by the recently and suddenly deceased wife of a friend of mine so he can keep the recording of her voice. I want to record the message on my phone and transfer it to a CD via my computer. Apparently, there are many Apps for Iphone and Android that do this but I found only one App that would do the trick on my Windows 8 phone (Nokia920) called Callcorder Pro.Callcorder Pro works by setting up a Conference call between the phone it is installed on, a PBX server and the third party. It records the conversation and sends it to your phone.

Initially I couldn't get Callcorder Pro to work at all until the exceptionally helpfull people who produce the App suggested I didn't have Conference calling on my phone. I contacted O2 who switched on ordinary Conference Calling for me (Not the Business Conference Calling whatever that is?).

Unfortunately, although Callcorder Pro would appear to be working perfectly the conversations are not being recorded and sent to my phone. Having tried everything else the excellent technical guy at Callcorder Pro has worked out that it must be the way O2 implements Conference calling in that information normally sent during Conference calls by other carriers to the PBX server is not being sent.Without said information Callcorder Pro cannot do its job.

Does anybody know a way round this or have any suggestions as to how I digitally record the Answerphone message? Is it worth me talking to a techie at O2?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

If you are unable to borrow an alternative phone, or find a workaround for Windows phone, perhaps using Skype to call the number and record the Skype call on the PC. There may be a small cost for the Skype to landline call.

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/blogs/2013/04/09/how-to-record-a-skype-call-for-free/

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello and Welcome to the O2 Community Forum.

It seems from your post that you have explored many available avenues ,and I agree it cannot harm to ask someone at O2 for further assistance.

I hope you find a workaround on how to achieve this as I understand the importance of it.

Good luck.
Message 2 of 5

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

If you are unable to borrow an alternative phone, or find a workaround for Windows phone, perhaps using Skype to call the number and record the Skype call on the PC. There may be a small cost for the Skype to landline call.

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/blogs/2013/04/09/how-to-record-a-skype-call-for-free/

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your replies. I think I'll go the Skype route.

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're very welcome.

Hope the route you have chosen is successful.

Take care.
Message 5 of 5