cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackBerry 9900 unable to connect to any URL with current browser .

sub101uk
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 38 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ref : firmware loaded is :

Blackberry 9900

Smartphone ( 3G , Wi-Fi )

7.1 Bundle 2807 ( v7.1.0.1033 , Platform 5.1.0.692 )

3G Bands 1,4,8

Cyptographic Kern v3.8.7.6

Branding Version : 1.0.125.596A

Micro Edition Configuration: CLDC-1.1

Micro Edition Profile :MIDP-2.1

Micro Edition JTWI version :1.0

Micro Edition Media Version : 1.1

Micro Edition PIM Version : 1.0

Micro Edition File Version : 1.0

Micro Edition Bluetooth  Version : 1.1

Micro Edition Location Version : 1.0.1

Micro Edition Security and Trust Services

( APDU ) Version : 1.0

WLAN Version: 4.5.0.304

Cellular Radio Version : 5.0.2.1.1,SV 60

www.blackberry.com

My problem is this I am unable to connect to any web sites using O2 , This seem to happen about 12 hours ago if I try to connect to any URL all I get is "  UNABLE TO CONNECT TO THE INTERNET , PLEASE TRY LATER  , IF THE PROBLEM PERSISTS PLEASE CONTACT YOUR SERVICE PROVIDER  "  Mail upload and down load is working fine but like I said if you try to any URL all you get is the error message

If I connect to my own WiFi link I can connect to any URL but not via O2  .

I fully understand that the BB 9900 is old and the software is well out of date , I do not wish to change my account with O2 but have been told That O2 no longer sell BlackBerry so if I changed my Handset to a new spec BB would I have the same problem or is it time to dump the BB for some other Hand Set .

Its very clear that due to its age O2 no longer supports the 9900 , If you have a 9900 I wonder if you have the same problem .

So would buying a new BB work for a few year or is the end of BB in the UK .

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

I would suggest having a look on Crackberry.com's forums as this has been reported a few times, and as the 9900 is BBoS v7 device, it relies on service books, and if one of those becomes corrupt then you may will be stuck, you might still be able to resend them via https://o2mailuk.blackberry.com/ 

If wanting to stick with BlackBerry have a look at the Priv, KeyOne or KeyTwo as well as the Passport, but bare in mind only the Priv, KeyOne and KeyTwo are Android Devices and have a QWERTY physical keyboard

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Any BB 10 or above devices are still supported so you shouldn’t have any problems with them.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 12

sub101uk
  • 38 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Since its clear to me that the problem is with O2 why I can no longer connect to the internet using a 9900 how about if I up graded to a BB Passport can my mail , contacts and pictures be moved over to the BB Passport I say the Passport because it has a QWERTY Keyboard and I think it came out in 2014 .

Any thoughts ? I did contact and just told me to reset the data , I did all that and its the same , If I switch on my wifi in my house and go via that it works fine but not through O2 .

Many Thanks for the feed back .

Message 3 of 12

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes the passport would work fine.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 12

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

I would suggest having a look on Crackberry.com's forums as this has been reported a few times, and as the 9900 is BBoS v7 device, it relies on service books, and if one of those becomes corrupt then you may will be stuck, you might still be able to resend them via https://o2mailuk.blackberry.com/ 

If wanting to stick with BlackBerry have a look at the Priv, KeyOne or KeyTwo as well as the Passport, but bare in mind only the Priv, KeyOne and KeyTwo are Android Devices and have a QWERTY physical keyboard

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 12

sub101uk
  • 38 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Many thanks for your reply yes i think it maybe time to change out the 9900 , I was looking at BlackBerry Passport but looking at the spec of Keyone like you say its also got a QWERTY physical keyboard so I should get a few years out of that . Do I transfer all the mail , contacts , sms in the same way I do with the 9900 useing the same BlackBerry desk top software ?

As for the problems with the 9900 using O2 I do get the feeling its O2 as it all started a few months ago when I was unable to connect to Yahoo and then the other morning I found that I could no longer connect to any URLs via O2 , However it works fine going via the house wifi . I do connect O2 and with there help I reset the 9900 but it was still the same .

Many thanks for all your help .

Message 6 of 12

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I doubt you'd be able to use desktop manager due to the different OS but I'm no expert on BB's.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 12

sub101uk
  • 38 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well I bought a new BB KEYone this afternoon so I was wondering how do I move over all the contacts , mail and text messages from my old 9900 to the KEYone if I cannot use the BlackBerry desk top software on the KEYone since the OS is not the same . So what BB Desk Top software do need to down load the data from the 9900 then load it into the KEYone ?

Many thanks

Message 8 of 12

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I’m not sure it won’t work so it’s worth trying but if it doesn’t, I've no idea I’m afraid.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 12

sub101uk
  • 38 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Many Thanks MI5 I wonder what people use to transfer mail + contacts when they upgrade there handsets , Yes I will plug it into lap top and see if the BB desk top software can see the Keyone if not looks like every thing is lost which is a bit strange ?

Cheers

Message 10 of 12