cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB Q10 loud speaker has went

Anonymous
Not applicable
Looking for some advice, the loud speaker on my phone has went it's just under a year old. I can make and receive calls, just can't hear it ring as it's really low and also can't use on speaker for calls or watch any videos without headphones. Has any one else's Q10 done this and will it be covered under warranty or will I be charged to fix it, can't upgrade for another year 😞
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Go into System Settings, check Notifications and make sure sound is up and then go into Main Volume and make sure sound is up. You may have accidentally muted your phone. I've heard the middle button between two volume keys if held in long enough mutes all sounds versus just muting your mic.

This might seem simple, but also ensure you don't have your profile set to Silent! wink

Other than that, I'd suggest what aldaweb has said and download BlackBerry Virtual Expert from BlackBerry World and run the audio tests. This will confirm if the speaker is broken or not.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello and welcome here.

Occasionally turning the phone off , and battery pull (phone model dependant) and turn the phone back on clears lots of glitches.

Ensure your speakers are clean and no recently affixed screen shields are causing issues.

Sometimes a hard reset can help issues after performing a back up to save your data.

You can find out how to do this by a google search.

If the phone has not been dropped or showing signs of external damage then I would suggest contacting be phones manufacturer via their Uk Website to make a request for assistance and a repair if necessary.

Let us know how you get on.
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145053 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
Warranty should cover it unless it's been dunked in water or dropped etc, in which case you'd need to look for an insurance claim if you have any policies that might cover it.
Final option is to pay for a repair which shouldn't be too much for a simple speaker change.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 6

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Anonymous Download 'Blackberry Virtual Expert' from Blackberry World and run the audio tests.

You might also try turning off completely and leave several seconds before turning back on. I have experienced something similar with notifications going very quiet on my Z10 but a powewr cycle has always rectified it.

If no luck then if it hasn't sustained any physical damage it should be able to be fixed under warranty.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Go into System Settings, check Notifications and make sure sound is up and then go into Main Volume and make sure sound is up. You may have accidentally muted your phone. I've heard the middle button between two volume keys if held in long enough mutes all sounds versus just muting your mic.

This might seem simple, but also ensure you don't have your profile set to Silent! wink

Other than that, I'd suggest what aldaweb has said and download BlackBerry Virtual Expert from BlackBerry World and run the audio tests. This will confirm if the speaker is broken or not.

Message 6 of 6