cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6s is confirmed to have 2GB of ram as one lucky owner receives her iPhone almost 5 days early

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just thought I would share this on here for people who are interested in the tech specs of the new iPhone.

Someone has received their new iPhone nearly 5 days before the release date and has ran some Geekbench tests on her iPhone.

Here's the link to her Twitter account where you can see screenshots of the results, photos and video taken with the new iPhone.

I'll post some screenshots of her Geekbench scores for those who are interested.

CPfDeQ3UAAAq737.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-09-23 at 7.59.52 am.png

Screen Shot 2015-09-23 at 8.00.10 am.png

Screen Shot 2015-09-23 at 8.00.24 am.png

Screen Shot 2015-09-23 at 8.00.34 am.png

Screen_Shot_2015-09-23_at_8_03_05_am.png

The last screenshot shows the RAM figure.

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Hah there's always someone who manages to get the phone early. As I'm pretty much a technophobe, that ram means nothing to me, zip, nada, nowt...

Is it a good or bad thing?
Message 2 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gindygoo wrote:
Hah there's always someone who manages to get the phone early. As I'm pretty much a technophobe, that ram means nothing to me, zip, nada, nowt...

Is it a good or bad thing?

slight_smile

Generally more ram is a good thing.

One critisism of not having 2GB of ram, was that, if you had multiple webpages/tabs open in Safari and for example were filling in some details on a webpage, and then clicked on to one of your other opened tabs/webpages.

The page where you'd filled in some details would refresh when you went back to it and you would have lost all the info that you had filled in.This is just one issue I've pointed out with not having a lot of ram.

Message 3 of 20

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123159 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

This was someone in the USA I believe and I am sure has already been reported on here yesterday?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

This was someone in the USA I believe and I am sure has already been reported on here yesterday?

Yes it was a lady in the USA who had received it early.

I couldn't see the story already on here, so that was why I posted it. Thought it might be of interest to people interested in the tech specs of the new iPhone slight_smile

Message 5 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 123159 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Just found it. It was in another iPhone 6S thread.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/iPhone-6s-order-status-still-broken/m-p/9...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 20

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123159 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Anyway @Anonymous I have just read those specs. Now I am not technically savvy but 2gb of ram on this 'high end new device' ?

My Note 3 is 2 years old and has 3gb.....What's that all about then?

2gb doesn't seem that impressive if honest.....Confused

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

Just found it. It was in another iPhone 6S thread.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/iPhone-6s-order-status-still-broken/m-p/9...

No wonder I couldnt find it slight_smile

Message 8 of 20

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23166 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Anyway @Anonymous I have just read those specs. Now I am not technically savvy but 2gb of ram on this 'high end new device' ?

It's not. Some phones (the OnePlusTwo 64GB for example) has 4GB of RAM.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

From what I have read about this over time from people more savvy about this subject than myself. iOS tends to be more efficient in the ram it needs. 2GB should have been on iPhone's last year in my opinion.

Message 10 of 20