cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can anyone recommend a jolly good film to watch

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello

My name is Andy and in my spare time I like watching films.

Today I have watched 127 hours and Immortals 😄
Message 1 of 67
66 REPLIES 66

Anonymous
Not applicable

- The *original* Italian Job.

- Madagascar 3

- Prometheus & the Alien films

- Monsters Inc.

Just to name a few. And yes, these suggestions really have come from a fully grown adult male. :manlol:

Message 2 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

My favourite films are shawshank redemption, casion and goodfellas all great films. slight_smile

Message 3 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Penny123

I watched Shawshank Redemption for the first time a few months ago, at the hand of the missus' family. Exceptional film!
Message 4 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable
Great thread, Andy. I moved it to off-topic, if you don't mind.

I watched Intouchables the other day, absolutely awesome. It's a French film, so if you don't mind subtitles, I'd highly recommend that slight_smile

I guess you've seen most of the mainstream films, so perhaps Juno and Once might be something to watch as well slight_smile

Have fun!
-
Message 5 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cool thank you.

Just about to flick in Prometheus. Already seen it but sometimes films are even better the second time round.

To be honest, there are not that many films I haven't watched grin
Message 6 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Just about to flick in Prometheus. Already seen it but sometimes films are even better the second time round.

Noooooooo, don't do it grin

Message 7 of 67

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
This means war,
Fight club,
The exam.

Three great movies slight_smile I think ill appreciate this thread I watch too many movies:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 8 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable
Seen first 2 what's the exam about and who's in it?
Message 9 of 67

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
The film is set in present-time United Kingdom in an alternate history, where a disease called The Virus has made a large part of the population dependent on medication that must be taken every few hours to prevent falling into a coma followed by death. Most of the film takes place in a single room, where eight candidates take an exam for an important job as the Personal Assistant to the CEO of a mysterious bio-tech company that is said to work on a cure for The Virus.

Exam is a 2009 British thriller film written by Simon Garrity and Stuart Hazeldine, directed by Stuart Hazeldine and starring Colin Salmon, Jimi Mistry, Luke Mably, Chuk Iwuji, and Nathalie Cox.
I don't know if you know any of those actors I didn't before.

It's got a lot of bad reviews but I am yet to meet anyone who doesn't like it. If you like semi-intellectual films brilliant:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 10 of 67