Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your most embarrassing moment:)

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions

Figured we could all get a laugh out of this:) Tell us your most embarrassing moments:)

My worst moment is when I first started out as an electrician. I was working on an item in a schools physics labs. At this point i was in conversation with the teacher asking me how long I'd been working and how experienced I was. I was just telling him I was fairly experienced and had never had an accident:) (you know what comes next) I slipped and shorted the circuit giving myself a hearty bolt of electricity and wet myself as a result:( they never offered me work again:)

Lesson learnt don't talk to people and go to the toilet before working:)

That's my safe for work story. Ill share more if anyone else joins in:)

We won't judge:)

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Really? Haha

No one else:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I was once called out to British Aerospace (as was) to one of the manager's car that had a fuel leak. Started fixing the problem under the bonnet and caused an electrical flash when my screwdriver touched a live terminal and the engine block.

Almighty flash and the engine compartment burst into flames resulting in beard, moustache, eyebrows, eyelashes and hair all badly singed!

The fuel in the carburettor caught fire and as the car was in gear it shunted forward into the back of a Mercedes which promptly caught fire as well.

As this was inside a government controlled high security company you can imagine the panic with half a dozen burly security guards appearing as if by magic.

Result : police, ambulance and fire brigade, one very embarrassed mechanic with virtually no facial hair left and front page in the local rag!

...oh! and one angry boss!there there!.gif

Message 3 of 9

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

It doesn't get much worse than that jonsie. Smiley LOL

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It took me a couple of years to live that down but I was only 19 at the time. Happy days haha!

Message 5 of 9

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I bet you wish you could watch a video of that now?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 9

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I wish I could haha. Great story:)
Message 7 of 9

Zombie_Fried
Level 4: Observant
  • 133 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

thats funny, wet yourself after a shock. in a school as well. rofl. slight_frown & and jonsie with his singed face.. oh dear Smiley Surprised

I cant think of anything at the mo. I'll have to have a think about it. slight_smile

Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

it would have to be when it was really icy a few years ago, and i was dressed like a typical scene kid, walking to school, slipped on a puddle, in front of about 100 kids (and the guy i liked at the time).. splitting the side of my skinny jeans and slicing my leg on the kerb.. good job i had safety pins on my bag! slight_smile

result, a very embarrased emo kid, ripped trousers and a bruised thigh for a week!! 😕

Message 9 of 9