Did you mean: 

Xmas Eve

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 Community 2019 Advent Calendar

Hey everyone, it's Christmas Eve! How did that happen? It feels like the year has flown in... who's with me?

So the day before the big one, do you have any typical or non-typical family traditions? I've included some below that I either do myself, or have heard from others:

• clapper Christmas movies from morning to night. This is something i tend to find myself doing each year. My favourites are: Jingle All The Way, Polar Express and The Grinch
  • burger No microwave dinners... I make sure to set aside the time for a home cooked meal to set us up nicely for the turkey coma that follows tomorrow... Usually beef stew and dumplings.
  • gift One present on Christmas Eve? Not one i do, but seems popular that families will all open one gift each to help curb the excitement
  • star Got kids or grandkids and go the extra mile after they go to sleep with milk and cookies/carrots, dusted snow footprints and other santa clues?
  • tongue_winking When i was younger... A long time ago, unfortunately... I used to drink a lot before bed to force me to wake up after midnight, which by then I'll usually have had a stocking made up for me, hanging on my door - i loved my little stockings! 

So what about you guys? Any of you do any of the above, or got other traditions you like to do on Christmas Eve? If so, let us know in the comments below.

Hope you all have a brilliant Christmas, and if you don't celebrate it, i wish you health and happiness during this festive period. santa

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don’t have any rituals, but I know my mum will be slaving over the sink peeling all manner of veg while my dad sits in the living room picking his **** (yes he is Jim Royal)
Message 2 of 14

JAZZ-trad
Level 13: Prompter
  • 890 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No special traditions, just enjoy some home cooking.  

Message 3 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Nothing special @Chris_K 

I wont be eating anything special tonight as there are two days when we will be gorging ourselves. I don't want to spend the time with indigestion innocent

Just generally chilling out. Both my lads are with their own families tonight, my grandson is driving back from Luton (god help him) and my granddaughter will be tracking Santa's route via Norad. santa

https://www.noradsanta.org/ 

As you get older, you have done all the usual traditional things on Christmas eve, so it is nice to just do what you like without having to think of everything else. santachristmas_tree

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Nothing special here apart from the annual trip to the pub to watch people pretending to enjoy the night before Christmas. Sometimes a trip in the afternoon to a dfferent pub to watch the annual work parties too.

That is about as good as this Christmas will get.

Message 5 of 14

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Not doing anything special - except watching the clock tick down to midnight and later hanging around in Bar Humbug in the Virtual Lounge Cheers

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 6 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I shall be watching the final episode of A Christmas Carol on BBC. It's bound to have an alternative ending. innocent

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 14

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10672 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Xmas eve

No traditions. Sometimes prepare veg for tomorrow.   

I agree 2019 seemed to fly by.

Today is fantastic sunny very pleasant.

☃️🎅☃️🎅☃️😀☃️🎅☃️🎅

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 8 of 14

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@TallTrees wrote:

Xmas eve

No traditions. Sometimes prepare veg for tomorrow.   

I agree 2019 seemed to fly by.

Today is fantastic sunny very pleasant.

☃️🎅☃️🎅☃️😀☃️🎅☃️🎅

Get peeling....

Message 9 of 14

Bilbo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Been working and tmw and boxing day so will celebrate after work,
Message 10 of 14