cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xiaomi enters UK with phones, wristband, and scooter

Anonymous
Not applicable

I must admit, with the silly money that we're expected to shell out for smartphones nowadays, this is the kind of phone that might tempt me back to Android.

I'm not too sure about the scooter though  Smiley Surprised

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-46140487

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

I’ve seen the hype by the tech you tubers about xiaomi but I can’t say I’ve seen anything that makes them stand out from the pack.

Add the paranoia about China jamming their spy software into devices and I’m well and truly put off! (Read HERE)

Message 2 of 22

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I’ve seen the hype by the tech you tubers about xiaomi but I can’t say I’ve seen anything that makes them stand out from the pack.

Add the paranoia about China jamming their spy software into devices and I’m well and truly put off! (Read HERE)

I wouldn't be trusting any manufacturer... or government come to that!

Message 3 of 22

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I can see a price war starting now with 2 very capable phones priced around the £500 mark.
Might make Apple, Huawei and Samsung rethink?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I wouldn't be trusting any manufacturer... or government come to that!

I’m sure they’re all as bad as each other really, but whenever I hear China are involved.. alarm bells ring. Not sure if that’s justified tho, Western paranoia?

Message 5 of 22

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Is £500 now classed as mid-range? I guess it is compared to the top end phones now....

Message 6 of 22

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Almost considered "cheap" by comparison !
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 22

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Is £500 now classed as mid-range? I guess it is compared to the top end phones now....

Here's something that will really rile you, @jonsie. The OnePlus 6T that sells for £500 in the UK sells in the US for $500!

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

To be honest I can't worry about phones and spyware. I would never move on with my life if I went down that route.

I'm Samsung through and through. 

I am used to their layout and the way they work so I won't be changing anytime soon. Not very adventurous with new phones to be honest.

My Note 8 is perfect. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 22