Did you mean: 

Would you or wouldn't you: the 360° infinity pool

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hey guys, 

While I was off last week I read about this infinity pool idea, which looks dizzy

Designed by Compass Pools, it has got a 360-degree view, with transparent walls and floor all around, and would be located at the top of a skyscrapper in London. Entering and exiting it would be done via a submarine door/staircase. 

I'm afraid of heights and not a fan of water, so this probably is one I'll stay clear of. I was wondering though, would you go for a swim in this infinity pool or wouldn't you? 

Photo of water

thinking thinking thinking

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10674 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Hi @EmilieT
I think I'd rather do my swimming in an ordinary pool. 🤓 Never heard of the infinity 360° pool just to give a person a scare! Thanks for the update for this.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 2 of 14

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@TallTrees I had heard of infinity pools before, and some do look quite nice, but this is on another level flushed 

Inside or outside "ordinary" pool, if you had a choice @TallTrees?

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 3 of 14

TallTrees
  • 10674 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Well @EmilieT
There used to be outside public pools years ago but they were too expensive to maintain. Outside would be great if weather in uk better or reliable. I don't really like the heavy chlorine steam the inside pools have but I have used them. My favourite would be swimming in the sea. Lots of sea swims when kid. When I visited Malta few years ago now they had a swimming pool at edge of sea!

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 4 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122382 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Some expensive villas abroad have an infinity pool. It simply means they have a pool which appears to be part of the sea. Like this @EmilieT 

Personally, I couldn't bear heights, though this would be just fine wink

Image result for Images of villas with infinity pool

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm scared of heights ... & ... can't breathe in an indoor pool nowadays

In nearby Ilkley there is still an outside pool ... used to be called Ilkley Lido ... we used to go there for a family outing many many years ago when we lived in West Yorkshire

Related image

Message 6 of 14

TallTrees
  • 10674 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous 

You remembered the name of the pools Lido ~ these must have been such fun, just simple pools for all the kids to play in.  Lovely. 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 7 of 14

TallTrees
  • 10674 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Ooh that's nice @Cleoriff 

I could enjoy that ~     upside_down

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 8 of 14

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@TallTrees @Anonymous

I haven't been to a pool -indoors, oudoors, any sort of pool at all- in ages, so I had forgotten about the chemical smell that can linger, that's a good point! That central fountain looks like a lot of fun though upside_down

@Cleoriff 

Even not being a fan of water, that looks lovely. Have you tried one of these pools in your days in Spain or abroad in the past? I wonder if it's as relaxing as it looks, seemingly in the sea/ocean but within the safety of a closed-off pool relieved

signature

Message 9 of 14

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122382 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@EmilieT 

I have seen one, though never been lucky enough to have a go in one. Just went to visit with a friend of a friend in Spain.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 14