Did you mean: 

Word Hunt Diamond game is coming back next Tues - 7 March 2023

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25166 Posts
  • 812 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

MiAmigo_0-1677574346745.jpeg

The Word Hunt Diamond Game is open to all members.

The aim of the game is to find the target number of words [as in the source used for the game] using only the nine letters in the grid in the shape of a diamond.

In Jauuary, I took a break from WHD, which returned briefly in February. As few took part in the game, a further break was taken. While WHD has not been running, I have had time to take a look at the game.

I would like to thank all those who have taken part and/or supported WHD and would like to assure all of you I wish to see WHD continue and do not want WHD to stop being a part of Off Topic.

Previously, WHD has, usually, had a target of 50-60 words and has normally finished around lunchtime.

With this time-frame, I am aware there may be various reasons why some did not take part in recent WHD - possibly due to work, appointments, or other commitments.

Therefore, with WHD due to return next Tuesday - 07 March, I am suggesting the following...

* WHD will have a larger target of words in the list to find.

Not only is it becoming more difficult to find a grid with 50 - 60 words in the list but, with the speed in which some WHD games have been solved, some may have missed out because of the game`s early finish.

With a larger target, the game should run for longer, giving those who have been at work or have had other commitments, the chance to take part.

I will be online [apart from a sort break for tea], so I can check and reply to posts and give Updates, even if the game runs into the evening.

If a WHD game runs unsolved through the night, it can continue the next day [Wed].

I hope this suggestion is helpful and will make it easier for the Diamond Dogs of Word [our wordsmiths] - including @Cleoriff  @pgn @gmarkj  @BobM @J9el @TallTrees @RafaC - and any other member [new or long-term] to come and join in and make the WHD fun.

This is merely my suggestion, and I welcome any feedback and comments on how to make it easier for more to take part.

Thank you

@Mi-Amigo  

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36043 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

Sounds like a plan, @Mi-Amigo 

5c19848a8afaa1e79bbeaf6cf0c7d40c--tv-movie-dwight-schultz.jpg

Still no duplicated letters, I presume? 😉

Message 2 of 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123010 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo 

I think that's a much better idea. We have shown with other games that they can run successfully over a longer period of time. I love WHD, I think it's educational as well as being fun, so anything to keep it running, I'm up for.

I just hope other members feel the same. We do need more members taking part. The last couple of games it's mainly been @pgn and myself and that's a real struggle if honest.  

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 5

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25166 Posts
  • 812 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @pgn and @Cleoriff 

As said, there will be no duplicated letter[s] in words the list...

... and to add, of course, I hope our wordsmiths continue to find those words not in the list 😀

I agree, as a lover of words [inc those strange, obscure ones], WHD is educational and often wonder if anyone ever manages to use those odd words in conversation 😂 ; and sincerely hope more come along to play.  

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 4 of 5

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12080 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions

All the grid is a stage, and us are merely the players... (sorry, I tried!).

So long as you are happy to keep running it, I will (try) and join in @Mi-Amigo 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 5