White Room Quiz Wed 28 Oct 2020 Halloween Ed 🎃

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Welcome to

white-room-quiz2.png

There are two White Room Quizzes each week - one on Monday and one on Wednesday.

Today`s White Room Quiz is part of 🎃🎃🎃Halloweek on the O2 Community 🎃🎃🎃

Instead of the usual eight questions, there are 12 questions - with one question from each of these categories

PEOPLE  PLACES  SPACE  WORDS  LITERATURE  MUSIC  ART  MOVIES  TV  GAMES  EVENTS  FOOD & DRINK

The White Room Quiz is open to all members.

Those wishing to take part must pm me - @Mi-Amigo - with their answers between 12 noon today [Wednesday] and 11.59pm tomorrow [Thursday]

I hope our regular quizzers

@Cleoriff   @pgn   @jonsie   @MI5   @gmarkj  @Anonymous  @Marjo  @Martin-O2   @LukasB 

and any member, who has taken part in the past or has never taken part, and new members

will join in with today`s White Room Quiz.

TODAY`S TWELVE QUESTIONS

The questions are, in some way, relate to Halloween 

but no question is a QI-style question, in which the answer is not what most people think.

Q1 [PEOPLE] Which famous magician died on Halloween 1926 ?  

Q2 [PLACES] Halloween is known as Alla Helgons Dag in which country ?

Q3 [SPACE]   Which US astronaut, who went into space on a Apollo mission, was born on Halloween 1930?

Q4 [WORDS] What does the word guising mean in connection with Halloween ?

Q5 [LITERATURE] Which American author wrote "The Halloween Tree". a 1972 fantasy novel ? 

Q6 [MUSIC] What was the title of the Halloween song, recorded by Bobby "Boris" Pickett, which

topped the US Billboard charts in 1962  ?

Q7 [ART]  Which famous US monument, carved in rock, was completed on Halloween 1941 ? 

Q8 [MOVIES] "Halloween", 1978 horror movie directed by John Carpenter, was set in which fictional

US mid-west town ?

Q9 [TV]  Each year, US TV cartoon The Simpsons screen a Halloween special with three mini-episodes.

What is the title of these Halloween mini-episodes ?

Q10 [GAMES] Which Halloween party game originated from the custom when it was used to predict

who would marry first ?

Q11 [EVENTS] El Dia de los Muertos [Day of the Dead] is a holiday over three days at Halloween

in which country ?

Q12 [FOOD & DRINK] What is the name of the Irish bread, with sultanas and raisons added to yeast,

which is often eaten at Halloween ?

The White Room Quiz is open to all members of the Community.

Those who want to take part must pm [private message] me [Mi-Amigo] with their answers between 12 noon today [Wed 28 Oct] and 23.59 [11.59pm] tomorrow [Thursday 29 October]

- allowing 36 hours to pm your answers.

Please do not post your answers on the thread.

The answers - and results for each player taking part - will be posted on morning of Fri 30 Oct.

THE RULES

Each member must pm [private message] their answers to me [Mi-Amigo] after 12 noon today [Wed 28 October 2020] and before 23.59 [11.59pm] tomorrow [Thurs 29 October 2020].

No member is to post any answer on the thread.

Any answer received after 23.59 [11.59pm] on Thursday 29 October will be declared void.

No googling, wiki, youtube search for answers.

The White Room Quiz is open to all members.

New members, who have recently joined the Community, and members who have not taken part before, are welcome to join the "regulars" and take part in this quiz. 

Each correct answer given by each member will be awarded a star .

In addition, the following trophies will be awarded for

12 correct      10 correct     8 correct     6 correct     4 correct

answers          answers       answers      answers      answers

diamond-thinker.jpggolden-thinker.jpg     silver-thinker.jpg    bronze-thinker-crop.jpg      red-thinker.jpg

Diamond         Golden         Silver         Bronze              Red

Thinker           Thinker       Thinker      Thinker           Thinker

Please feel free to post any comments on the questions - but not the answers - on this thread.

If you have any questions about the quiz, please ask and I will reply here.

Thank you everyone for your interest and for making the quiz so popular.

I hope everyone enjoys today`s White Room Quiz, and find it fun.

Good luck, everyone

@Mi-Amigo  

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 49
48 REPLIES 48

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I'll have a think about those whilst fixing my washing machine!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 49

LukasB
Former Staff
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

can you come over @MI5 and fix mine too? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 49

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Mmmm... Quick look, some easy, some not so much....innocent

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 49

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35210 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Hmm. As noted by others, some ok, some not so. Glad my animated film viewing habits will help me for at least one of them, @Mi-Amigo 😉

Message 5 of 49

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @MI5  @Cleoriff  @pgn 

I hoped that the regulars would find this Halloween White Room Quiz was a good mix of easier and not so easy questions - with a couple of head-scratchers Thinking

Looking forward to pms with the answers later - after 12 noon today.

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 6 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable

Quite difficult, but I will have a think until tomorrow and definitely NOT post over-early today slight_smile

Message 7 of 49

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@LukasB wrote:

can you come over @MI5 and fix mine too? 

Hmmmm, I'm not sure about this.... looks complicated!

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 49

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @Anonymous 

As said, some questions do need a bit of thinking about but there is plenty of time.

Good luck.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 9 of 49

LukasB
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

There goes my platinum thinker hahaha but really love this one @Mi-Amigo 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 10 of 49