White Room Quiz Wed 2 Jun 2021 Multi-Choice Answers

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Welcome to 

white-room-quiz2.png

There are two White Room Quizzes each week - one on Monday and one on Wednesday.

Today`s White Room Quiz is the Multi-Choice Answers edition

Instead of the usual eight questions, there are 10 questions - with one question from each of these categories

HISTORY  GEOGRAPHY   SCIENCE   NATURE   LITERATURE   MUSIC   MOVIES  TV   SPORT  GAMES

for the first time, and as a "one off" [and NOT a regular feature in future White Room Quizzes], it is

like "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?" with four answers to each question - only one is correct.

So you don`t have to "pass" on any question and a chance of getting it right if you have to guess.

The White Room Quiz is open to all members.

Those wishing to take part must pm me - @Mi-Amigo - with their answers between 12 noon today [Wednesday] and 11.59pm tomorrow [Thursday]

I hope our regular quizzers

@Cleoriff  @pgn  @jonsie  @gmarkj @MI5  @TallTrees  @O2EmmaLouise @TheresaV @LukasB 

@BobM  @Martin-O2 

and any member, who has taken part in the past or has never taken part, and new members

will join in with today`s White Room Quiz.

TODAY`S TEN QUESTIONS

Q1 HISTORY. Which of these Kings of England was unmarried ?

William I   William II   William III   William IV

Q2 GEOGRAPHY. Which of these islands is in the Atlantic Ocean ?

Honshu    Luzon    Tristan da Cunha    Viti Levu   

Q3 SCIENCE. Which of these is NOT an element in the Periodic Table?

Dipylidium   Neodymium   Rubidium   Vanadium

Q4 NATURE. Which of these creatures is a butterfly ?

blue docnis   blue-headed agama    blue morpho   blue tang

Q5 LITERATURE. Which of these characters does NOT appear in Shakespeare`s "Comedy Of Errors" ?

Adriana   Aemelia   Belarius   Luciana

Q6 MUSIC. Which of these is NOT an album by rock band Led Zeppelin ?

In Through The Out Door    Physical Grafitti     Presence      Toys In The Attic

Q7 MOVIES. Which of these film directors won an Oscar for Best Director ?

Alfred Hitchcock    Martin Scorsese    Quentin Tarantino    Orson Wells

Q8 TV. Which of these characters was NOT a son of Freddie and Nellie Boswell in TV sit com "Bread" ?

Adrian   Billy    Mike   Jack 

Q9 SPORT. Which of these football managers was manager of Liverpool FC from 1998 to 2004 ?

Gerard Houlier   Joe Royle    Walter Smith   Gianluca Vialli 

Q10 GAMES. Which of these places on a UK Monopoly board is coloured orange ?

Coventry Street   Piccadilly    The Strand    Vine Street

The White Room Quiz is open to all members of the Community.

Those who want to take part must pm [private message] me [Mi-Amigo] with their answers between 12 noon today [Wed 02 June 2021] and 23.59 [11.59pm] tomorrow [Thursday 03 June 2021]

- allowing 36 hours to pm your answers.

Please do not post your answers on the thread.

The answers - and results for each player taking part - will be posted on morning of Fri 04 June.

THE RULES

Each member must pm [private message] their answers to me [Mi-Amigo] after 12 noon today [Wed 02 June] and before 23.59 [11.59pm] tomorrow [Thurs 03 June].

No member is to post any answer on the thread.

Any answer received after 23.59 [11.59pm] on Thurs 03 June will be declared void.

No googling, wiki, youtube search for answers.

The White Room Quiz is open to all members.

New members, who have recently joined the Community, and members who have not taken part before, are welcome to join the "regulars" and take part in this quiz

Each correct answer given by each member will be awarded a star .

In addition, the following trophies will be awarded for

10 correct     8 correct     6 correct     4 correct

answers       answers       answers      answers 

golden-thinker.jpg     silver-thinker.jpg     bronze-thinker-crop.jpg      red-thinker.jpg

Golden          Silver          Bronze              Red

Thinker        Thinker       Thinker           Thinker 

Please feel free to post any comments on the questions - but not the answers - on this thread.

If you have any questions about the quiz, please ask and I will reply here.

I hope everyone enjoys today`s White Room Quiz, and find it fun.

Good luck, everyone

@Mi-Amigo  

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 56
55 REPLIES 55

TheresaV
Former Staff
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

giphy (13).gif

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 2 of 56

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10665 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

I thought this was going to be easy Spaced

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 3 of 56

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @TheresaV and @TallTrees 

Some questions might need a bit of thinking about Thinking

Just to let everyone know...

and "No!" - unlike "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire", no-one taking part in this WRQ can ask the audience or the host; phone a friend; or go 50-50; and there`s no £1 million prize [O2 couldn`t afford it] but everyone has a chance of getting a Gold Thinker and there is no need to "pass" on questions you don`t know the answer to.

Good luck.

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 4 of 56

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@TallTrees wrote:

@TallTrees @Mi-Amigo  I thought the same.

Thing is when you are presented with  4 answers, you think, 'oh it's that one...oh hang on it could be that one'... so not as easy as I thought....tongue_winking

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 56

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:
Thing is when you are presented with  4 answers, you think, 'oh it's that one...oh hang on it could be that one'... so not as easy as I thought....tongue_winking

Very true @Cleoriff - which, hopefully, will make this quiz fun smiling

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 6 of 56

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @LukasB 

pm with your 10 answers received

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 7 of 56

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @TheresaV 

pm with your 10 answers received

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 8 of 56

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@TallTrees wrote:

or when you guess the answer first then realise it isn't one of the options Don't know

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 56

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

@TallTrees wrote:

or when you guess the answer first then realise it isn't one of the options Don't know

@MI5 

I`ve done that watching "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" joy

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 10 of 56