White Room Quiz Mon 10 May 2021

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Welcome to

white-room-quiz2.png

There are two White Room Quizzes each week - one on Monday and one on Wednesday.

Today`s White Room Quiz is eight questions - with two questions on each of these categories 

GEOGRAPHY   WORDS    ART    TV

The White Room Quiz is open to all members.

Those wishing to take part must pm me - @Mi-Amigo - with their answers between 12 noon today [Monday] and 11.59pm tomorrow [Tuesday].

Please do not post your answers on the thread.

I hope our regular quizzers

@Cleoriff   @pgn   @jonsie   @gmarkj   @MI5   @TallTrees   @TheresaV  @LukasB   @Martin-O2 

@O2EmmaLouise 

and @BobM [who took part in the last WRQ] and any member, who has taken part in the past or has never taken part, and any new members will join in with today`s White Room Quiz.

TODAY`S EIGHT QUESTIONS

Q1 GEOGRAPHY 1  What is the longest river in Portugal ?

Q2 WORDS 1           What does the word pronking mean ?

Q3 ART 1                  Which English painter painted "The Blue Boy" in 1779 ?

Q4 TV 1                     In the US sit-com "The Big Bang Theory", what was the nickname which the other

astronauts gave Howard went he went into space ? 

Q5 GEOGRAPHY 2    What is the name of the canal which runs from Birmingham to London ?

Q6 WORDS 2             What type of person does the word quisling refer to ?

Q7 ART 2                    What colour is the paint cobalt ?

Q8 TV2                        In the British puppet TV series "Thunderbirds" in the 1960s, who was the pilot

[first and surname] of Thunderbird 4, submersible for underwater rescues ?

The White Room Quiz is open to all members of the Community.

Those who want to take part must pm [private message] me [Mi-Amigo] with their answers between 12 noon today [Mon10 May 2021] and 23.59 [11.59pm] tomorrow [Tues 11 May 2021]

- allowing 36 hours to pm your answers.

Please do not post your answers on the thread.

The answers - and results for each player taking part - will be posted on morning of Wed 12 May 2021

Each member will be awarded star for each correct answer. In addition, each member who gives

EIGHT correct answers               SIX correct answers                     FOUR correct answers

will be awarded                       will be awarded                          will be awarded

silver-thinker.jpg                 bronze-thinker-crop.jpg                        red-thinker.jpg

SILVER THINKER                     BRONZE THINKER                             RED THINKER

THE RULES

Each member must pm [private message] their answers to me [Mi-Amigo] after 12 noon today [Mon 10 May 2021] and before 23.59 [11.59pm] tomorrow [Tues 11 May 2021].

No member is to post any answer on the thread.

Any answer received after 23.59 [11.59pm] on Tues 11 May 2021 will be declared void.

No googling, wiki, youtube search for answers.

The White Room Quiz is open to all members.

New members, who have recently joined the Community, and members who have not taken part before, are welcome to join the "regulars" with this week`s quiz. 

Please feel free to post any comments on the questions - but not the answers - on this thread.

If you have any questions about the quiz, please ask and I will reply here.

I hope everyone likes the questions in today`s White Room Quiz, and finds this WRQ fun.

Good luck, everyone

@Mi-Amigo  

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 49
48 REPLIES 48

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I like the look of that one @Mi-Amigo yahoo

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 49

Mi-Amigo
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @Cleoriff

Pleased you like the look of this quiz.

I thought that the WORDS questions might appeal to the Dogs Of Word who usually take part in the Word Hunt Diamond game on Tuesdays; and tried to find a mix of subjects for the other categories.

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 3 of 49

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35218 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions
Thunderbirds, canals and pronking quislings? Hmm, scintillating, @Mi-Amigo 🤨😆
Message 4 of 49

Mi-Amigo
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @pgn 

Some "food for thought" or is it head-scratching Thinking this time ??

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 5 of 49

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

That's me saying goodbye to my Bronze Thinker from last week:

giphy (7).gif

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 49

O2EmmaLouise
  • 254 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 28 Solutions

@TheresaV rofl

@Mi-Amigo questions look good this week! Another Big Bang Theory question cool

Message 7 of 49

Mi-Amigo
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@TheresaV 

Sorry you feel you won`t be getting a Bronze Thinker this time but maybe a couple of guesses might be some way towards it Thinking ?

@TheresaV 

Pleased you like the questions this time - and, yes, another Big Bang question [I`m a huge fan of the programme and tried to find a question which might need thinking about yahoo]

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 8 of 49

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

I will at least try @Mi-Amigo but then again I am happy I reached that milestone at least once in my life joy

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 9 of 49

Mi-Amigo
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@TheresaV 

If getting a Bronze Thinker was a "mile stone", then what`s it gonna be like when you get a Silver Thinker ?? yahoo

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 10 of 49