Did you mean: 

White Room Quiz - Advanced Notice - Odd Questions A-Z Quizzes

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25235 Posts
  • 819 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

MiAmigo_0-1657792231832.png

There are two White Room Quizzes each week - one on Monday and one on Wednesday.

I am pleased to announce that Monday`s WRQ will be the first of a three-part

White Room Quiz - Odd Questions A - Z

Instead of 8 questions - with two questions on each of four of the usual categories, there will be 8 questions

but one question on each of 8 subjects - with each subject based on a letter of the alphabet.

So everyone has a chance to swot up on the subjects, ready for the quizzes, here are the dates and subject

Mon 18 July - Odd Questions A-Z part 1

A Antiques; B Badges; C Currency; D Dimensions; E Extinction; F Flags; G Gold; H Highway Code.

Wed 20 July - Odd Questions A-Z part 2

I Initials; J Jack; K Kids; L Language; M Motorways; N Numbers; O Orange; P Postcodes

Mon 25 July - Odd Questions A-Z part 3

R Rhyming slang; S Signs; T Tube stations; U Uniforms; V Vehicles; W Wheels; Y Yellow; Z Zero.

I hope our regular quizzers

@Cleoriff  @pgn  @jonsie  @MI5  @gmarkj @TallTrees @BobM @J9el @Spenny @adec @lewys-gp @RafaC  and

our new quizzer @Comben 

and anyone else who would like to come and have a go will join in with these quizzes.

These quizzers should be fun. 

All I`ve got to do is search through the books in the Mi-Amigo library for the questions 😂 .

Please feel free to post any comments on this thread.

Thank you

@Mi-Amigo 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123382 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Love the sound of that @Mi-Amigo 😘

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 15

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

That looks great @Mi-Amigo! Looking forward to it 😄 

Message 4 of 15

Mi-Amigo
  • 25235 Posts
  • 819 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @jonsie @Cleoriff @RafaC 

Really pleased you like the idea. 

I tried to come up with something new/different to keep WRQ fresh and interesting.

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 5 of 15

Comben
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 428 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

That’s a cool idea, you do so well to come up with so many questions and themes… Not sure how you do it.

Shame the Queen and X-Ray machine missed out in themes though. 😂 Only joking but in all seriousness thanks for the categories in advance and for taking the time to do these WRQ’s.

"I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious"
Albert Einstein
Message 6 of 15

Mi-Amigo
  • 25235 Posts
  • 819 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @Comben for the feedback and comments.

I know you were joking - but missed out Q - The Queen as questons about her would be under People category and X - Xray question would be under Science. And I couldn`t think of a subject beginning with Q or  X 😂

As for coming up with the questions, I have quite a library of books on various subjects which I dip into for ideas for questions; and also have a number of quiz books [old and new ones] which I use occasionally.

To be honest, I enjoy searching out the questions, whch keeps my mind occupied and out of mischief, although regular members would probably say that it not true regarding me keeping out of mischief 😂

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 7 of 15

Comben
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 428 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hahaha. Maybe Queen the band? Although that could be people too. Some of the letters are hard so you’ve done well to find categories especially for the likes of Z, U and even V!

I wasn’t trying to be facetious more to point out I’d noticed the letters not included because my logical brain realised 2 letters were missing and wanted to see which ones they were.

Great effort on the research behind the quiz, even with all those books and quiz  materials you still have to seek them out and find appropriate Q’s. Plus I’ve seen just how long it’s been running and think you’re amazing to come up with so many questions/ themes. Very well done. 👏🏻 

"I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious"
Albert Einstein
Message 8 of 15

adec
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 129 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Sounds fun.. research head on! 🤓

Crown Communication - an O2 Select Partner
Message 9 of 15

lewys-gp
Former Staff
  • 921 Posts
  • 89 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Great stuff, @Mi-Amigo. Looking forward to it 😁.

Community Manager for the O2 Community 🙂
Message 10 of 15