Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where were you when...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Following on from the JFK thread, where were you when:

JFK died - I wasn't born

Elvis died - not sure, I was 2!

Diana died - extremely hungover and, even though my Mum told me, the news didn't register until I woke up in the afternoon

9/11 - I was on my lunch hour and went home to pick up a pair of shoes (no idea why I remember that).  She told me what had happened and when I went back to work we spent the rest of the afternoon on the phone to my Mum as we worked in a building where we couldn't get radio reception and the internet was down.

7/7 - I was at work and waiting for new of my friend's husband and another friend's dad.  Thankfully they were both ok.

Can anyone else come up with any other dates in history like this?

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23224 Posts
  • 1030 Topics
  • 3694 Solutions

I can remember where I was on all those momentous dates. The other date for me is the day John Lennon was shot dead.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 37

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
I remember them all too.
Also John Lennon, Keith Moon, Jimi Hendrix and other icons of the pop world.
The moon landing (or not!) in 1969....Never happened in my humble opinion.... but that's another conspiracy theory.....
Message 3 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oooh I love a conspiracy theory!  I do believe the moon landings happened - I'd be like a child finding out Santa doesn't exist if they proved they never happened!  I loved Kennedy Space Centre when we went there this year.

Message 4 of 37

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

The moon landing (or not!) in 1969....Never happened in my humble opinion.... but that's another conspiracy theory.....

It's hard to believe that many still do think it really happened! slight_smile

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

I do!!! Smiley Surprised

Message 6 of 37

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
There is so much documented evidence that it never happened. You only need watch the TV footage of there being no landing crater below the lunar capsule, the flag in front of the time stamp, the speeded up version of the walk etc.etc.

Then ask yourself why they never went back?

It was imperative that they beat the Russians in the propaganda war in the late 60s....but then again, I also love a conspiracy theory! The USA are guilty of so much misinformation that I am a natural sceptic of anything they claim to be factual..... but that's just me!
Message 7 of 37

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Congratulations on reaching 15,000 posts jonsie, I've only just noticed! slight_smile

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 8 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

@perksie wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

It's hard to believe that many still do think it really happened! slight_smile

Alternatively, I find it hard to believe that so many people think it didn't happen!

The number of people that would have had to be involved and have never said anything seems highly unlikely. In 2010 NASA released images from their Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter showing the Apollo 11 landing site, you can see it for yourself. Even if it were faked, the USSR never suggested that was the case and they had the most to gain from that being true.

Message 9 of 37

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Sorry KyleB! Smiley SurprisedSmiley SurprisedSmiley Surprised

Go and stand in the corner with Traceyjs1975 please! Smiley LOLSmiley LOL

Doh.jpg

Message 10 of 37