Did you mean: 

What are your plans for Christmas 2022?

RunrigForever
Level 19: Quirky
  • 2192 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My Plans for Christmas

A quiet Christmas time with my cat Marty.

My son and daughter-in-law have relatives to visit ..... her family celebrate Christmas Eve with the playing of board games until 1 minute past midnight ..... they will both be with my son's dad for Christmas Day ..... Emma only gets limited time off work in December, she is an area pharmacist in Sunderland ..... so none of us are sure whether I will see them, however it is my birthday mid-January, so we will meet up then.

The large Christmas tree is up and decorated outside the town hall ..... soon the Salvation Army brass band will be nearby on Saturdays .....

curioso-photography-bxURtAFagpc-unsplash.jpg
source: https://unsplash.com/photos/bxURtAFagpc

...there will be special Christmas markets along the main street including a lantern parade up to the church at the top of the main street where we will all sing Christmas carols.

david-beale-rU4kvQKjG2o-unsplash.jpg

source: https://unsplash.com/photos/bxURtAFagpc

I am not sending Christmas cards this year, but rather donating to charity.

My son will call me on Christmas Day ..... it is a tradition, which I love.

Everyone's Christmas will be a little different.

What are your plans for Christmas ?

***DESORMAIS***
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36041 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

Keep cosy and warm - have to get some fruit juices for this seasonal favourite, keeps the chills at bay!

Get a good selection of veg and a order a turkey crown next week to cook, along with ham and mini sausages, starting around noon on Christmas Day - this is a regular feature, with help from one or more of the sprogs.

Not sure how the tree will work this year, with two very curious kittens in the house...

Message 2 of 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123009 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

Nice topic @RunrigForever 

I was just mentioning that all my presents are bought. Cards are nearly all written

Actually celebrate our Christmas on Boxing Day (a Tradition left over from my nursing days.)

We will see our granddaughter on Christmas day though, taking her Christmas presents with us.

Husband and I spend a lovely quiet day at home and will have steak and chips for our lunch.

One or two neighbours used to pop in for a post lunch drink and nibbles but neither of them are well enough this year, so we go and see them for a short while

On Boxing day the family arrive. Both sons and their partners, my grandson and granddaughter.

We exchange gifts and have a laugh about various things. Then pop into two cars and make our way to a local carvery for their festive meal 3 course menu.

Except for lockdown I stopped cooking Christmas lunch a few years ago.

I had cooked them for 40+ years and had enough of it. Stuck in the kitchen while everyone was in the lounge having a damn good time!

Anyway, post lunch we all pile back to ours for an hour and then our family leave as they all have other things to do, parties to go to and friends to visit.

I've always been very happy that we go our separate ways about 5pm.

Have a nap then enjoy some good TV.

All over then for another year. 😂

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 8

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10773 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Hi @RunrigForever 

Thanks for a very interesting look into your Christmas day.

First thing I will prepare and cook a Steak and Kidney with Flaky pastry pie lots of King Edwards potatoes and lots of veg. that underway I will then the start the special pudding of Christmas "Plum Pud" with sweet white sauce a splash of brandy and fresh cream, all is then prepared and ready for lunch.

After that and if it's a good day I'll be out in the garden working up an appetite for lunch by sweeping up the leaves and more than likely joined by the Robin who loves to hear scraping noises!

My trusty little Christmas tree has it's own lights which change colour and brighten up the day will be in the dining room, a warming happy sight. 

No posting cards this year.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 4 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 123009 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

Forgot to mention, until 5 years ago I used to decorate the house every year for Christmas. 3 trees, Mantle wreaths, garlands, candles,  lights, lights and more lights. My son was back with us then and he's a big kid at heart. Also the grandchildren loved it. My son used to help of course,  we had so many lights it looked like Blackpool Illuminations. Then I realised after he left, that I was decorating just for me, so I stopped. 😂

It did look lovely, although I expect I am saving a massive electricity bill nowadays 🙄

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 8

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

So lovely to see how everyone spends Christmas different 😊

I am very used to working straight through Christmas as on Christmas day in China we always dressed up and had a whole day of activities for the students. It was a bit sad hanging up my red cape and costume last year. 

My husband always uses Christmas as an excuse to make eggnog and cook a "fancy" meal. The menu is a secret so I'll have to get back to you on what it turns out to be. 

Message 6 of 8

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10773 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

That sounds such fun @Breanna 

Like the surprise fancy dinner 🍽 

I adore chinese meals.  Have wok ❤ 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 7 of 8

Breanna
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Yes 🤣 we even replace the hob in our rentals when we move so that we have a special hot wok burner. Can't have good Chinese food without it!

Message 8 of 8