cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are you up to on this Halloween weekend?

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi guys, happy Friday!

What are your plans for the Halloween weekend? jack_o_lantern  Attending any parties? Dressing up? Decorating the house/garden? Carving pumpkins? Trick or treating? smile

I'm not planning to attend anything this year, however perhaps I could be persuaded to wear something halloweenish on Tuesday next week to the office... any suggestions? nerd jack_o_lantern LOL

If you haven't done any decorating yet and need some inspiration, there's a few cool ideas in this article. Check also a list of cool outfits from last year here. I love the floating head (#21)!!! Very well done. grin

A couple of my favourites:

Halloween decorations

Halloween decorations

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm going to be at home playing with my ghoulies!!!  wink

Message 2 of 19

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
I'm going trick or treating around all the wards. Don't need to wear anything ghoulish, I'll just take the dressing off my leg 😂
Message 3 of 19

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Anonymous Confused LOL 

@jonsie have you seen any decorations up at the hospital (or is that not allowed)? Pumpkins? slight_smile 

Message 4 of 19

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Marjo wrote:

@jonsie have you seen any decorations up at the hospital (or is that not allowed)? Pumpkins? slight_smile 

No it's not allowed as it's an infection controlled ward no one is allowed to bring flowers or outside food unless it's shop bought, even then sandwiches aren't allowed. Everything has to be sealed and checked by the staff nurses before being given to patients.

Mind you my friends take me outside every Sunday to demolish 2 bacon barms with HP sauce and probably half a pound of bacon on each! 

I'm lucky with being in a side room as I can order bacon toasts for lunch or tea. If I was in an open ward bacon would not be eaten allowed on religious grounds. 

Around a month ago it was a British cooking celebration day and for lunch we had an all day breakfast with everything, hash browns, scrambled eggs, tomatoes, beans, black pudding.... but no bacon! What's that all about? This was a British food celebration but bacon not allowed.

Just to let you know, I refused it and asked for corned beef sandwiches. I was so disappointed about the hospital policy and quite, quite angry 😡 

Message 5 of 19

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@jonsie no bacon? It's essential in breakfast! Confused Now you've made me very hungry for bacon on toast. With some scrambled egg too. I confess I've never (to my knowledge) tasted HP sauce. Maybe it's time I try it... I keep hearing about it! yum

Message 6 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Its Mexico F1 this weekend @Marjo so I shall be glued to the TV LOL hamgif.gif

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 19

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

One of the things I missed in Thailand 🇹🇭 

You could buy it but it was around £3.00 a bottle and being a Manchester lad I wouldn't dream of paying that much 😉

Message 8 of 19

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@Marjo wrote:

No it's not allowed as it's an infection controlled ward no one is allowed to bring flowers or outside food unless it's shop bought, even then sandwiches aren't allowed. Everything has to be sealed and checked by the staff nurses before being given to patients.

Mind you my friends take me outside every Sunday to demolish 2 bacon barms with HP sauce and probably half a pound of bacon on each! 

I'm lucky with being in a side room as I can order bacon toasts for lunch or tea. If I was in an open ward bacon would not be eaten allowed on religious grounds. 

Around a month ago it was a British cooking celebration day and for lunch we had an all day breakfast with everything, hash browns, scrambled eggs, tomatoes, beans, black pudding.... but no bacon! What's that all about? This was a British food celebration but bacon not allowed.

Just to let you know, I refused it and asked for corned beef sandwiches. I was so disappointed about the hospital policy and quite, quite angry 😡 

As a Jew I understand the Muslim view on bacon. However, not being religious I love my pork and shellfish. Bacon and sausages and HP Sauce yummy...Bouncy

What I don't understand is why the hospital would ban bacon from non-Muslim patients. By all means don't serve it to Muslims but Christians, non-religious Jews and Atheists should be able to eat it.

I have Muslim friends. Yes, they don't eat pork and I would never bring it into their homes. But we've been out to lunch and dinner and they never stopped me from eating pork or commented on me eating pork. They don't understand it as I'm Jewish but stop me never.

I think your hospital has taken political correctness several steps too far. Utterly rudiculous.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 9 of 19

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
I'm off to a party tomorrow and I'm going as a witch. I can see the comments now....🤣
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 10 of 19