Did you mean: 

Thursday Quiz 11 April 2019

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25133 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all the Thursday Quizzers.

The Thursday Quiz is open to all members of the Community, so whether you are one of the regulars, a member who has not entered a previous Thursday Quiz, or one of our new members, you are all welcome to come and join in.

This Thursday Quiz - for 11 April - will, as decided by most of the regulars, be three questions on

HISTORY

The Quiz will be posted around 10pm tonight - Wed 10 April - when the Quiz will open and answers can be submitted, and will remain open until 12 noon Friday 12 April.

I hope as many of you as possible will take part, and new members or those who have not taken part in a previous Thursday Quiz, will join us.

If you have questions about the Thursday Quiz, please ask and I`ll post an answer slight smile before the Quiz is posted.

Thank you, once again, for your interest.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

I better rush off and find my history head @Mi-Amigo I'm sure I left around here somewhere smiling

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 15

Mi-Amigo
  • 25133 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I better rush off and find my history head @Mi-Amigo I'm sure I left around here somewhere smiling

I hope you find your history head is time @Cleoriff

Oh I think I may have forgot to mention one little thing Whistle, and I was so pleased that History got the most votes, because it was my second favourite [to maths] at school and got the O level equivalent of A+ , so I am well looking forward to what answers you all come up yahoo 

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 3 of 15

MI5
  • 144165 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
History was my favourite subject at school too slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 15

Mi-Amigo
  • 25133 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
History was my favourite subject at school too slight_smile

Thank you @MI5 - now that makes this Thursday Quiz sound like its gonna be fun...

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 5 of 15

Mi-Amigo
  • 25133 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

THURSDAY QUIZ 11 APRIL 2019

HISTORY:

Q1 Who became King of England after the Battle of Hastings in 1066?

Q2 Who wore horned helmets?

Q3 Who led the English fleet against the Spanish Armada in 1588?

RULES:

No googling, wiki, social media, website seaches for the answers.

Please answer all three questions in the same post as - Q1 = [answer]; Q2 = [answer]; Q3 = [answer].

If you do not know the answer to any question, please say Q? = [don`t know]

This Thursday Quiz is now open and you may now submit your first set of answers.

The Quiz will remain open until 12 noon on Friday 12 April 2019

You may submit two separate posts, each with a set of answers, during the time of this Thursday Quiz,

but you cannot submit your second post until at least one other member has posted their first set of answers.

You may submit one post with one, two, or three answers as given by another member but must credit the member - e.g. "I agree with.... answer to Q2 is ..... "

The results and answers will be given after 1pm on Friday 12 April 2019.

Incorrect answers will receive the * klaxon * .  Correct answers will be awarded trophy

Any interesting facts - or amusing comments - in reply to any question are welcomed sweat smile

Good luck

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 6 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Q1 = William

Q2 = worn by many warriors around the world but not Vikings. I think they were first worn by Sardinian warriors?

Q3 = Sir Francis Drake and Lord Charles Howard

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 15

MI5
  • 144165 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Q1 - William of Normandy, aka William the Conqueror
Q2 - Often worn for ceremony or by warriors but if I had to choose one early race I'd say the Gauls.
Q3 - Lord Charles Howard and Sir Francis Drake.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Just to add to my answer re Q1)

Edgar 2nd was proclaimed to be King of England after the Battle of Hastings BUT he was never crowned. Therefore he was never King.  

That period in history had a number of people putting themselves forward as King, before and after the battle. A real mess in fact. upside_down

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 15

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Q1 I agree with @Cleoriff's and @MI5's answer.

Q2 I think The Germanic Tribes

Q3 I agree with @Cleoriff's and @MI5's answer.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 10 of 15