Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This day in history

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23223 Posts
  • 1030 Topics
  • 3694 Solutions

One of the saddest days in US history, and a sad day for all the world. 50 years ago today. RIP President Kennedy

JFK-Eternal Flame.JPG

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Thanks for posting this Bambino.

I've been studying some of his views and the political plans that he had. He could have made many more amazing changes, A real shame.
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 2 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
It's a fact of life that you can always remember exactly where you were and what you were doing when awful news like this filters through. I had just got home from school and these were the days before instant broadcasts but this was such a defining moment in history that we got the news in minutes. I was 13 and remember feeling incredibly shocked and sad at the loss of such an icon of world peace who had averted WW3 only 12 months previously. I was also shocked and saddened when video of the killing of Lee Harvey Oswald by Jack Ruby was broadcast days later.

Dangerous and frightening years followed and I still believe to this day that this was engineered by the CIA and J Edgar Hoover. Oswald was a convenient patsy in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Guess after 50 years we will never know the real truth but I have done extensive research over the years but won't bore people with my theories.
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think Lee Harvey Oswald was guilty, as Jonsie says he was in the right place at the right time.  This goes far too deep for us to ever know the truth though.

Message 4 of 7

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:
Dangerous and frightening years followed and I still believe to this day that this was engineered by the CIA and J Edgar Hoover. Oswald was a convenient patsy in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I agree on this one, the murder of Oswald by Ruby was just so convenient for the CIA and Hoover who we all know was a total freak who thought he ran the USA.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I love a good conspiracy theory.

Message 7 of 7