Did you mean: 

‌🎵‌ 🫧 The O2 Community Apple Music Playlist 🫧 ‌🎵‌

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hi all wave

Since we've started the Priority Music Highlights weekly topics on the community we've been wanting to feature more something that most of us love and that has such a strong relation with O2 (and to this country for that matter): music

So we thought that creating a collaborative playlist with all of you would be a great way to do that. This is meant to be an ongoing "project" between us all and a space to share music tips and ~good vibrations~ 

Us the community managers, alongside @Chris_K and the social media team over O2, kickstarted the selections of tunes, but you're more than welcome to leave your suggestion(s) in the comments below so that we can build up a sound (😏) playlist together.

By the way, in order to be able to listen to the full songs (not just snippets or previews of them) on the playlists above, don't forget that you can get up to six months' free Apple Music with O2 ,which will also give access to many others carefully curated playlists, radio shows, albums, EPs, music videos, exclusive interviews and much more.

Can you guess the song each one of us has picked?

Looking forward to your hit hints!

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

When it got to my choice my boss was like "Knowing Chris it'll be some Ed Sheeran number". Well, first of all - what's wrong with Ed Sheeran?! The dude makes great music. Second of all, I think I may have surprised him with my choice! 😉

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 2 of 18

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12067 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

Can you just confirm the staff that made the suggestions @RafaC ?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 18

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@gmarkj I can confirm that all the songs currently on the playlist were hand picked by the team! 😄

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 18

gmarkj
  • 12067 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

I just meant which team members added to the list (not necessarily who requested each song).

For instance, from his post above I am guessing @Chris_K added songs.
But did @lewys-gp add some before he left, or did @Breanna get her selection in?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 5 of 18

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

@gmarkj There were five of us who chose one song each, but we definitely need to ask @lewys-gp to throw one on as well!

Can you guess who chose which song?

Shall we add some Ed Sheeran @Chris_K ?

giphy.gif

Message 6 of 18

gmarkj
  • 12067 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

Bit confused then @Breanna as I can count 4 people who would be classed as "the team":
Martin

Chris

Rafa

Breanna

Not sure who the 5th person is if Lewys was not included (going by your message above).

From that list then, these are my guesses:

Boys that Sing - Viola Beach -- Martin

Glitter & Gold - Barns Courtney -- Rafa

OK Love you Bye - Olivia Dean -- ???

Bad Romance - Lady Gaga -- Breanna

Come Together - Primal Scream -- Chris_K

Message 7 of 18

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

@gmarkj Your mystery man is the "my boss" @Chris_K mentioned in his first comment. 

None correct but I'll go ahead and out myself. OK Love you Bye was my choice. I don't often listen to music but recently discovered Olivia Dean. Boy can she sing!

Message 8 of 18

ColinO2
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hey @gmarkj that will be me the mystery 5th person.

I know you don't see me post that often on here, but that's down to the great work @Chris_K and the team do, but don't worry i'm always around in the background 😊

Couldn't resist choosing a song and going for something i thought not too many people would know. Viola Beach were a great band and and its sad what happened to them just as they were hitting the heights of fame, but the album is an excellent set of Indie tunes. They came from Warrington so not too far from me and carry some of the Manchester/Liverpool music vibe cool

Were hoping we can inspire a few new musical discoveries with this one so keen to see what ends up on this play list 

Message 9 of 18

J9el
Level 9: Fired up
  • 962 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Love this!! Great idea!

Come Together - Primal Scream is such a brilliant track. Great choice!! 

Message 10 of 18