Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Best New Apps?

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I've been looking at the list of some of the 'best new apps' and I think there's some really good ones for all platforms.  I haven't got any of these apps yet.

iOS

• Chrome Remote Desktop - allows you to link up with your pc or mac (as long as it has the app installed aswell).  I still haven't decided which web browser to use, but if I decide on Google Chrome then I will be downloading this app.
  • Je Suis Charlie - this app allows people to support the people who died in the tragedy and pin point their location on a map.  This app was 'fast tracked' through the usual Apple development approval process due to the developers contacting Tim Cook personally.  I think it is a lovely idea for an app, but I personally wouldn't use it as I don't like tagging myself at locations.
  • Evernote Scannable - an addition to the Evernote app - allows you to scan documents to upload onto your Evernote account.  I personally wouldn't use this app as there are other ways around getting your document on to your Evernote account.

Android

• Google Translate - allows you to use translation services via the camera on your phone.  I think this is an impressive app and would be useful to a lot of people.
  • Under Armour Record - a fitness app.  I personally wouldn't rush to get this app as I think there are already numerous apps like this.
  • Pizza Navigator - there are also quite a few similar apps to this, such as Hungry House, (which is free to download).  I personally wouldn't pay 69p for this app when there are other apps that can do the same thing as this, as well as using a web browser.

Windows

• Phone Insider - developed by Microsoft (you must register for this service) - allows users to view and test software before it is released.  I personally wouldn't use it but it would be great for more technological people or potential developers.
  • Money Tracker - a way to manage money - it is meant to be suitable for professional people and laypeople to understand.  The free version is a limited version of the app and you will get more features if you pay.
  • Inbox For Gmail (unofficial Google service) - it does what it says in the title - it provides access to your Gmail account.

Source: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tech/feature/a621954/best-new-apps-for-tablets--smartphones-je-suis-char...

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
I find it better now that more and more are becoming cross platform.

I'd love to discuss with you the Apps I use but unfortunately it's not permitted.
Message 2 of 33

BrendonM
  • 3605 Posts
  • 21 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Here's a good one I found for android: Obenkyo

Just a fun app for learning Japanese. Not done any Japanese since high school and decided that I should take that up again. Still only know about 10 kanji but, oh well.

Hmmm. It's also not new. But it's my newest app so I'll go ahead and say that counts.

Message 3 of 33

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122845 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I am confused now...why is it 'not permitted' to talk about apps?

We have had a number of threads running about these....

Brendon appears to have no problem discussing the app he likes...Shocked

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
Some of the apps I use Cleoriff are from the jail break community.
Message 5 of 33

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
But you can talk about the good apps you do use which do not come from there.

Message 6 of 33

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122845 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
But you can talk about the good apps you do use which do not come from there.

Exactly..I think the comment is a bit misleading to the thread actually...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
Absolutely viridis there are indeed some good Apps to choose from depending on wants and needs.

Two good useful app's I do use is 'AnyList' which is used to compile to do style lists like shopping and 'Time Stamped Camera' on iOS.

Message 8 of 33

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
There Ya go, now if you posted that in the first case, you wouldn't have cause the confusion.
Message 9 of 33

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Seems to me that a point was trying to be made........not sure what though Confused

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 10 of 33