cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TO further my education ..........

Anonymous
Not applicable

According to the published statistics I have posted 1,998 messages, received 140 Kudos (whatever they are)  and have "attained" Level 20.

I have noted today another Community Member who has apparently posted about 600 messages and got 158 Kudos yet has "attained" Level 32.  

Can't help wondering if something is rotten in the state of Denmark,  but it would be nice to have some explanation of the algorithm used to determine rankings. Smiley Very Happy     Yes ,  I know.  It's not going to happen.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions

Off topic does not have kudos points - hence no increase and no increase rank I believe.

Solutions confirmed also increased rank and possibly anything the community team feel warrants some recognition.

Thanks for using me as an example, I transfer 1 kudos "in spirit" to you.

Have a great day grin

Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the partial enlightenment.  I should explain that I was not personalising the issue I merely referred to particular statistics - I am sure you have earned your elevation and are worthy of even higher rank.   Thanks for the "in spirit" kudos. That may present the Management Team with something of a problem as to how they will "remove" it!  

It would still be nice to have a proper explanation of the algorthm used.  I had been led to believe that the Community Team could not "interfere" with it - a position that does not sit very well with your observation that a change of rank can be affected by "anything the community team feel warrants some recognition."

Personally I'd rather opt out of the ranking systen altogether as I have opted out of the monthly awards,  nevertheless I am interested in how these things work.

Message 3 of 13

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

A long time ago in a forum far far away, it was decided that off-topic wouldn't have kudos or have any value attached to the determination of ranking. Hence folks, is why Wanty's place thread has been going on for years moderation-free.

I might have glossed a bit of stuff there but  yes, on the change over to this forum (name escapes me at the moment), off-topic was never going to be abused in getting higher ratings. Nor, I believe, applicable to the monthly pull a name out of the hat reward scheme which is determined by the contribution in the other forums to helping others (which I barely read these days due to due to other factors so the reasoning isn't a bother to me as at least it is being vetted).

If you look closely enough in the dim and distant past you might see the pointless poll posts that used to plague us at that time. 

Message 4 of 13

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123159 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

And why it was decided that news items (which used to plague this forum on a daily basis) were moved to Off Topic so that kudo's could not be awarded.  ...Once that was changed...the News items decreased.. Quite amusing really...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 13

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
We shan't be revealing the ranks algorithm unfortunately. Some things in life are better with a little mystery wink
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 6 of 13

MI5
  • 144717 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
Thankfully.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 123159 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Yes...I love a bit of mystery in my life.......LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 13

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 9 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 123159 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Presently I am mystified on a daily basis.....

I was mystified by your absence @jonsie. I was beginning to think all sorts of things had happened...Confused

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 13