Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

THURSDAY QUIZ to return

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The THURSDAY QUIZ is to return on Thursday 1 August 2019 with a new name and new format.

The BBC TV "Mastermind" has the black chair

The 02 Community Off Topic has

question-room-thurs-quiz2.png

ONE CONTESTANT

10 QUESTIONS

24 HOURS TO ANSWER

Each week, the quizmaster [Mi-Amigo] will choose 10 general knowledge questions from a wide range of subjects - some will be fairly easy; some more difficult, and one [in keeping with previous Thursday Quizzes] will be in the QI-style, in which the answer is not what most people may think.

The WHITE ROOM THURSDAY QUIZ will be open to all members of the 02 Community.

If you would like to be a contestant, please post your name on this thread.

On Wednesday, one contestant will be chosen at random by EmilieT to take the Thursday Quiz.

The contestant will be notified by private message and their name posted on the Thursday Quiz thread with the 10 general knowledge questions on Wednesday afternoon.

[Note: by having one contestant face 10 questions avoids players merely agreeing with others, and with 10 questions from a range of subjects, hopefully addresses the problem of a specific topic which may have put some off from taking part in the Tenable-style quiz. 

The contestant will have from 00.01 [one minute after midnight] until 23.59 [11.59pm] on Thursday to post the answers to the 10 questions.

The contestant can answer the questions in any order, at any time during the time period, by posting the question number and question with their answer. 

The contestant can only post one answer to each question. Any additional answer and/or any answer posted before midnight or after 11.59pm on Thursday will be declared void.

The contestant may, if he or she does not know an answer, submit an amusing answer.

The results will be announced after midnight on Thursday with the correct answers.

The contestant will be awarded a star for each correct answer and, if he or she answers all 10 questions correctly, will be awarded the silver Thinker 

Image result for silver thinker

Anyone can play along with the WHITE ROOM THURSDAY QUIZ by making their own list of questions and seeing if they can find the answers.

[Please do not post your answers on the thread, so as to avoid giving possible answer to contestant]. 

The other players are, of course, welcome to submit their name to be considered as a contestant.

If anyone has any questions or comments about the new format or the quiz, please post these on this thread, or, if you prefer, pm me [ @Mi-Amigo ] and I will answer them.

Thank you for your interest.

Mi-Amigo

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo 

Immediate confusion hits @Cleoriff rofl

1)So..ONE person only will be allowed to take part?

2) That ONE person can't give all 10 answers in one post .....No sorry I get that now, this ONE person can answer all 10 questions but only post ONE answer to each question?

I'm up for it anyway...upside_down

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 14

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Mi-Amigo 

Immediate confusion hits @Cleoriff rofl

1)So..ONE person only will be allowed to take part?

2) That ONE person can't give all 10 answers in one post .....No sorry I get that now, this ONE person can answer all 10 questions but only post ONE answer to each question?

I'm up for it anyway...upside_down

Thanks @Cleoriff 

Yes, you are right - one person will be chosen at random by Emilie [who will not know the questions chosen] and that person - the contestant - can only give one answer to each question, but can answer the questions in any order.

The reason for only one contestant is to avoid the so-called "copy fest".

I am pleased to see that you are up for this and hope that previous players and any new players will put their names forward as contestants and also play along.

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 3 of 14

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions
Message 4 of 14

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @pgn 

I hope you and everyone else will find the new quiz fun.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 5 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

OK, my opinion for what it's worth....

If it's only ONE person and the Quiz is only ONCE a week, there may be a problem with people losing interest?

Why can't it be ONE person over a 24 hr period?

So person A has a day to answer their questions

Person B has the next 24 hrs to answer theirs

Person C """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""

I do realise that's a lot of questions but maybe they could be reduced to 5 per person? (Just a thought)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 14

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

OK, my opinion for what it's worth....

If it's only ONE person and the Quiz is only ONCE a week, there may be a problem with people losing interest?

Why can't it be ONE person over a 24 hr period?

So person A has a day to answer their questions

Person B has the next 24 hrs to answer theirs

Person C """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""

I do realise that's a lot of questions but maybe they could be reduced to 5 per person? (Just a thought)

Thanks for the feedback @Cleoriff 

I would welcome any comments from others who are considering taking part as to how often the quiz should run. 

Personally, I do agree that reducing the number of questions to 5 is a good idea.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 7 of 14

jezza1234
Level 12: Nimble
  • 339 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

I'd be up for that. love a bit of General knowledge me and as for the QI stuff........ grin

Message 8 of 14

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@jezza1234 wrote:

I'd be up for that. love a bit of General knowledge me and as for the QI stuff........ grin

Thank you @jezza1234  I`ll add your name to the list of contestants.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 9 of 14

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I'm on the fence on this one @Mi-Amigo . Put me down as a maybe until I decide if I want to be 'in the chair'. Thoughful

Message 10 of 14