cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sports Personality 2016

Anonymous
Not applicable

That time of year again, who is your favourite to win the BBC Sports Personality this year?

Shortlist HERE

I cannot see anyone winning other than Andy Murray with Team of the year going to Leicester City

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

I fully expect Andy Murray to win it even though he has won twice before.....

If honest I would love to see it go to to either Jason or Laura Kenny The GB cycling team in Rio were outstanding and those two were real stars.

Mo Farah has to be in with a chance...

I am also very fond of Nick Skelton ..(a local lad) Oldest member of the equestrian team and won gold.

He came back to sport after breaking his neck 16 years ago....Mind you, any award should be shared with his horse Big Star...Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

I feel sorry for the other contenders as Andy Murray had aother fantastic year and people will vote for him. I would like to see Mo get it, think he will be in the top 3

Wast trrying to think of someone for the International Personality, struggling at the moment......

Message 3 of 23

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Being an adopted Bolton lad myself I would love to see Jason Kenny winning. Let's not forget this is an Olympic year so Nick Skelton and Mo Farrah will also be close but like everyone else I expect Andy to win it. 

Team of the year? The Olympic team or Leicester City. 

This is always a must see programme for me, not only to find out the winners but to enjoy the sporting year. 

I find it so sad that our media build up sporting heroes and look for any chance to deride and judge... yes The Sun I'm talking about you and the other news rags who set up stings  with undercover underhand 'reporters' for want of a term that I can't use here. Another Bolton lad a victim. 

... and let's not be under any illusion that the BBC are blameless. Heroes one day and accused of drug taking the next, Bradley Wiggins, Mo Farrah and any dedicated sportsman who got where they were by dedication and damn hard work. 

That's off my chest now so another drink please young lady.... 

Message 4 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

I totally agree with the comment of the media building sporting starsup and then looking for anyway to knock them down... They did it with Beckham....and to some extent Lewis Hamilton. It's as if they hate the money that success brings them

Mind you we had a few countries getting very very snidey about our cycling team. Australia was the main offender. Inferring 'something not quite right' about our success since 2012. Poor losers. Just because they were no longer the main stars of the velodrome.

These were the same people who were 'quite happy' to allow the Russians to compete at Brazil slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 23

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Personality: Murray
Team: Should be Leicester, but they could go all silly with "team GB"
International: Gareth Bale

Off to bookies for an accumulator on that shiz
Message 6 of 23

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 7 of 23

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Ooh, good call, plus Bale is Welsh
Message 8 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Rosberg??? Rosberg?? Dont talk so round shouldered!!

Whats he done? Won WDC by default is what he did.....Evil

It will be Ronaldo...or Usain Bolt....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

If anyone is thinking Rosberk...you may as well go for Mercedes as the winning team then....:smileytongue:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 23