Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @liggerz87 ... thank you for this thread ... I live very near a canal & was frightened by a wild brown rat caught up in fencing not 12"/18" from my face 

The darker of the 2 rats you show in your video has a beautiful shiny coat 

May I ask some questions ... Do the creatures damage your home? ... I thought I saw a cardboard box nibbled at one corner ... How do they pee n poop? do they have a litter tray like cats(my cat Marty insists on going outsie for this sort of thing) ... he also strops on every step of the carpeted stairs right through to the wood floor & gripper strips ... Do they cuddle up together for sleeping? ... Marty sleeps on my bed / under radiator in spare bedroom / in a cupboard on the landing

You've taken away my fear of rats somewhat, thank you 

Edited for repetition

Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ugh I couldn’t have them crawling round.. and the nuggets they leave.. I’m shuddering just thinking about it....

Message 3 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

They wouldn't do very well with my 3 cats roaming around....Smiley Surprised

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 8

liggerz87
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
Wispa they can damage the home we have skirting boards and they chewed a few of them as teeth grow like hamster if I saw a wild one of leave it be plus you.woupdnt get it as theubso fast and more scared of you then you.of them they make amazing pets they're skittish when first get them but if you get from.someone who handles then they're ok if had rats for over 4 years and love them
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @liggerz87 ... it sounds like you love your pet rats very much ... I've had cats for many years & as I live on my own now they are very good company - I couldn't do without one = a cat makes my house a home Cat Very Happy ... I'd say your pets are warm to touch & stroke their fur slight_smile

Message 6 of 8

liggerz87
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
They are good pets so funny aswel just let the boys out and first thing they do is seen out the female cage so the females are now sqeeking lol and fighting with eachother
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@liggerz87wrote:
They are good pets so funny aswel just let the boys out and first thing they do is seen out the female cage so the females are now sqeeking lol and fighting with eachother

lolz @liggerz87 ... I'm a Crazy Cat Lady & have only once had more than one cat at once, they were brother & sister Siamese = they kept each other company as I was married then & we both worked full-time, cats are easy to look after ... my Marty has just gone out for an adventure ... keep coming with the rat vids & info slight_smile

Message 8 of 8