Did you mean: 

Signal Strength and coverage

Tirill
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok here goes,

New Note3 on 4G.  B37 7YN.  I have to say that what O2 say is great coverage indoors and out is totally missleading.  The 4G signal if one is available is on the dire end on crap.  Then the trouble begins trying to connect to 3G.  5 , 10, 15 minutes will pass and the tempremental 4G / maybe signal may re-appear.

Whats going on O2 this is awful, no I will say it, CRAP service.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Tirill,

Are you a new customer to o2.

I'm asking because it's useful to know if you had good service which has deteriorated or are new and has just found out the service checker onky gives an indication on service.

It's always best practice to check out networks via payg sims to get a true reading.

Their is ongoing network improvements with the 4g rollout which will in turn improve 3 and 2g signals. 

Have you tried cleaning the SIM or have it replaced. 

Message 2 of 5

Tirill
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Been on O2 for years
Had an iPhone 4 had no issue with network at all. This was on 3G.
Upgraded to Samsung Galaxy Note3 4G. The signal is awful and there is no 3g or 2g to fall back to. This I know as I altered the handset to accept 3G/2G only, No Signal at all.

Its the same for my colleague opposite. He has a iPhone5s. Same issue with signal.
O2 service states no issues in the area. O2 Coverage states Good 4G and 3G indoors and out.
Not true I'm sorry to say.
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok that clarifys a few things.

Your next move I think would be to challenge the mast status and ask your work colleague to do the same.

Are you able to check your SIM in an alternative handset? 

Message 4 of 5

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Tirill wrote:

I have to say that what O2 say is great coverage indoors and out is totally missleading.

From the service status page.

There is a mast fault in your area, hopefully service will improve when it's back working:

Live results for B37 7YN, Solihull, Solihull

Sorry we're currently working on a phone mast in this area
You might experience problems making calls, using the internet, or sending/receiving emails in this area.
Updated 12:00 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show yet.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 5