Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling games

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I have a rather large collection of various games consoles and games left over from a wasted childhood haha.

What's the best way to get rid of these dust collectors. Anyone had any experience and can reccomend a company or site?
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 1 of 76
75 REPLIES 75

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

I sold a load of my old stuff on ebay a few years ago and enjoyed the experience. Depending on what you have (and I guess you're a Playstation generationer) so you might miss out on the real collectors in the 8/16 bit era which makes the entire process of selling a warm fuzzy one!

I've heard Music Magpie gives you pittance for your items but no hassle in getting shot of them (ha, getting your money out of them may be a little slow).

Message 2 of 76

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
You say that but a beautiful Atari sits in my collection:) however that will not be sold:) still collecting a few games and accessories for it:)

Ill give eBay a shot thank you:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 3 of 76

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 4 of 76

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@Liquid wrote:
You say that but a beautiful Atari sits in my collection:) however that will not be sold:) still collecting a few games and accessories for it:)

Ill give eBay a shot thank you:)

Now you've got me looking at ebay for Atari consoles! Now do you have the 70's wood effect one or one of the later ones the 5800 or 7800?

I'll be looking at the ZX Spectrum followed by the Memotech and for no real reason, the MSX!!!!!

Message 5 of 76

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
The 2600 but its the vcs release before it was renamed:)

1.1mhz cpu and 128bytes of ram it was a real beast those days haha:)

It was my fathers in its original box:)
Message 6 of 76

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Liquid

Oh my.. that is adorable!! I remember those days... slight_smile

Message 7 of 76

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I do enjoy playing on it every so often. As amazing as pc tech has got these days the biggest fault you'll ever get with an Atari 2600 can be fixed by blowing on it haha:)
Message 8 of 76

Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep hold of the old 1s  from time to time i like going back and playing golden eye on the nintendo64 and still got my sega mega drive in the loft somewhere the good old days on alex the kidd. slight_smile

Message 9 of 76

Anonymous
Not applicable
Unirally on the SNES. Still gets a play every now and again in my house.
Message 10 of 76