Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Santa Fe High School: 'Multiple fatalities' reported in shooting

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144488 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

Multiple fatalities are being reported in a shooting at a Texas high school, which is on lockdown.

Yet again..... When will this stop!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44173954

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 2 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ask the NRA?

Most likely there'll be an NRA rally in the vicinity in a day or two. Asking a significant proportion of the US public to give up their weapons would be like asking us, to give up our phones. Never going to happen. And I know phones don't kill people, it was just an analogy.

Message 3 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

Multiple fatalities are being reported in a shooting at a Texas high school, which is on lockdown.

Yet again..... When will this stop!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44173954

Trump: “This has been going on for too long”.

And sadly, it’s hard to see any end to this madness. 

Some people look at the tight gun control laws in Australia as being the answer, and it’s true that gun-related homocides have significantly fallen in that country, the turning point being the 1996 mass shooting in Tasmania. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/mar/15/it-took-one-massacre-how-australia-made-gun-control-ha...

But even Australia haven’t found the complete solution, as there was another shooting there only last week. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-44093348

Edit: to include updated website link. 

Message 4 of 29

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I find it both sad and deplorable that this has been described as 'the worst mass shooting since February' . What a terrible indictment of what has now become an all too regular occurence in the good ol' US Of A!

Message 5 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 123007 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I find it both sad and deplorable that this has been described as 'the worst mass shooting since February' . What a terrible indictment of what has now become an all too regular occurence in the good ol' US Of A!

It's becoming custom and practice in the USA...which is what makes it even more deplorable and tragic.

To think Trump had the temerity, last week when addressing the NRA, to tell them 'They use knives in London...knives (makes stabbing movements) and one hospital has it's floors covered with blood'

Lots of rallying cheers from the NRA...

His answer? To arm the teachers!! Absolutely sickening.....

My prayers go out to those families. As well as the children who lived through this.heart

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 29

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Just read this thread. Absolutely horrific.

As an American living in this country I'm both appalled that this has happened, yet again, and furious that the legislature, after all the school shootings, never mind the individual shootings, don't legislate new, stringent gun laws. The gun lobby's control of the Senate and Congress needs to be broken. But money talks and they have lots to spread round as well as generous business benefits that could enrich many not in the legislature but who have some sway with the lawmakers.

Trump is a fool comparing knife crime here in London to gun crime in the States. Quite apart from the massive difference in population between the whole of the UK and America, there is the 'right to bear arms' mentality which means too many people have guns. that shouldn't and are quite prepared to use them.

My country is sick and I can't see a cure while Trump's in office. Though to be fair I don't know any president who could change the gun culture, until they break the NRA's stranglehold on the legislature. And I can't see that happening any time soon.

My sympathy and thoughts go out to the families of the dead and those that survived. They will have nightmares for years to come.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 7 of 29

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23106 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

My country these days saddens me beyond words.

circle.jpg

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 123007 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

My country these days saddens me beyond words.

circle.jpg

That's a pretty powerful message @Bambino. It expresses everything. slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Glory1 & @Bambino your very true posts above  ^  ^  ^  about your country, sadden me greatly slight_frown

That there is likelly to be NO CHANGE regarding the NRA is shocking ... = ...more lives will be lost in the future slight_frown

Message 10 of 29