Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy X or F Foldable Phone/Tablet

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92910 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

So Samsung have given us a sneak preview of their soon to be foldable phone. Unknown name as yet but it will have a 7.3 inch Infinity Flex display. Going into serious production in the next few months

I do hope it's the Galaxy X....

https://www.techradar.com/news/samsung-foldable-phone-infinity-flex-display?utm_source=Adestra&utm_m...

Looks good but put a price on it.....

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bet it will be over £1k

Message 2 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

More of a gimmick imo.. but when they do release it, the Note 9 might drop to my price range 

Btw.. i was more impressed by the improvements they’re making to Bixby!

Message 3 of 26

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

From what you can see @jonsie, it definitely looks interesting and I prefer Galaxy X to Galaxy F.

However, I wouldn't want to guess the price but I'm sure it'll be over the £1k mark. If it's under £1k I'll be amazed.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 4 of 26

jonsie
  • 92910 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I don't think it will be a rival to the Note 9 or the next Note which rumour has it, will be the last, as there is no mention of a stylus.

Message 5 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

It looks a clever design, but I think it’s another example of manufacturers creating a need, rather than providing a solution. It doesn’t look particularly slim when folded, and it’s not really pocketable. The inevitable high cost might be justified if it’s your only device, but I can’t help wondering whether a separate phone and tablet would still offer the best experience.

Message 6 of 26

jonsie
  • 92910 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The video shows it folded then slipped into an inside pocket. It looks quite pocketable.

Message 7 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

The video shows it folded then slipped into an inside pocket. It looks quite pocketable.

I’d want to tuck it in the back pocket of my jeans wink

Message 8 of 26

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Looks good..
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 26

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Before photochromatic spectacle lenses people had to swap between shaded and clear tint vision. In a way, photochromatic lenses ruled out the need for more than one pair of glasses or additional sunshades.

So in a way, Samsung and other manufacturers are trying to improve things by introducing new technology. Everything seems like a gimmick if nobody has ever needed to use someting before. I thought the multiple application, continuity and general features were a good demonstration of what people can do.

There was no mention about durability other than the folding and unfolding before failure (FoUnfoBF). Certainly is interesting. And in the interest of no long drawn out court cases, lets just call it a Galaxy F.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 10 of 26