cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rumors and Speculation of November 2 'iPad Mini' Launch

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think if the iPad mini is announced at the Apple event next week, that a 2nd November date sounds about right. What do you guys think?

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/10/17/rumors-and-speculation-of-november-2-ipad-mini-launch-building/

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
I agree, especially the 'little more' part wink
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not sure they will considering how far behind they are on iPhone deliverys
Message 3 of 13

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Is anyone considering purchasing one?
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 4 of 13

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Liquid wrote:
Is anyone considering purchasing one?

No, there are so many of these fondle slabs on the market now, many will fall by the wayside and prices are tumbling, so I'll wait a while.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 13

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Glad to see I'm not the only one who'll be avoiding this product:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Was thinking about it but then saw that it probably wont have a retina screen so will not be bothering with it why bring a new product out with old technology

Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Was thinking about it but then saw that it probably wont have a retina screen so will not be bothering with it why bring a new product out with old technology

The reason it probably wouldnt have a Retina display is to keep it competitively priced, especially if the rumours of the price been £160 are true. Too be honest, I cannot think of any other tablet in that price range that has a Retina resolution screen on it, it wouldnt be possible to include one in that price range.

The customer has a choice:

They have a budget of around £200 and or wants a small screen tablet, then the iPad Mini would be a good choice.

The customer wants a Retina quality display, then its the iPad 3, but at the extra cost.

Perhaps Apple might release two versions of the iPad Mini, a Retina and a none Retina version? but I cannot see it too be honest.

Message 8 of 13

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Sorry for being pessimistic but surely a mini iPad is an iPhone 5? 😕
Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Liquid wrote:
Sorry for being pessimistic but surely a mini iPad is an iPhone 5? 😕

Well, without the phone feature at least, and perhaps lacking in some of the other specs the iPhone 5 has, but only time will tell what the iPad Mini will have. slight_smile

Message 10 of 13