Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R.I.P Jules Bianchi

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Many of you know I am an avid F1 fan. Just been told that Jules Bianchi who was involved in an horrific crash last year has died from his injuries.He was 25. Apologies for no link.  R.I.P.Jules

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Forgotten all about this to be honest. Such a shame...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/33578770

French Formula 1 driver Jules Bianchi has died, nine months after suffering severe head injuries in a crash at the 2014 Japanese Grand Prix.

Bianchi, 25, had been in a coma since crashing his Marussia into a recovery vehicle at October's rain-hit race.

His family said: "Jules fought right to the very end, as he always did, but today his battle came to an end."

The Marussia team, now known as Manor, said Bianchi had left an "indelible mark on all our lives".

Message 2 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks for the link @jonsie. A sad sad loss to the world of F1. He had such potential.  My thoughts are with his family.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sad news - to be honest I was surprised he survived the initial accident.

Message 4 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Sad news - to be honest I was surprised he survived the initial accident.

In all honesty (and with my nursing head on).....I think he was probably put on the ventilator immediately and has never regained consciousness at all. That accident at that speed having the sort of impact it did....there was very little chance of any type of survival. I would imagine he started to deteriorate whilst on the ventilator and the family had to make the very very hard decision slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It was on the news first thing this morning - very sad.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I never had time to watch the news...It was the grandson who told me when we were out. He also loves F1..

Not sure what safety measures will be added now though as this was a real freak accident. Probably make sure the car crane trucks are always behind the barrier?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
They will stop the race in heavy rain like that was if they need safety trucks on the circuit for any reason now.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 9

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 9 of 9