Did you mean: 

Positive thinking thread

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi guys!

This might be a bit fluffy, but I'll post anyway. Lots of sad/scary news stories and situations out there nowadays... I think it would be nice to have a positive thinking thread. A few days ago apparently it was a "Positive Thinking Day", so I thought why not share some good/happy/lucky/funny stuff that has happened to us (or that we know of) lately, in a thread. slight_smile

Please share: what was the latest positive thing that you learned of or that happened to you? (even small things count!)

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Come on guys, I want to hear something positive!

Today is World Gratitude Day actually so perhaps the question today would be: what are you grateful for today? slight_smile

Message 2 of 37

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I'm grateful for my family and friends.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 37

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

So many things to be grateful for.

Family,  friends, pets, relatively good health, a bolt hole in Spain et al...

Also the fact I decided to go into nursing when I was 15 for all the wrong reasons. My sister was a teacher, so to make my 'parents proud' I chose nursing as opposed to working in a shop...LOL

Probably the best decision I ever made ....I had no grand aspirations of becoming the next Florence Nightingale, therefore I had no illusions shattered. Absolutely loved it....

So I am grateful that I needed to impress Mum and Dad....Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 37

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Lovely things to read about! slight_smile

On my end a positive thing is that I'll see my dad for the first time in months tomorrow evening. Very happy!

Message 6 of 37

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Marjo wrote:

On my end a positive thing is that I'll see my dad for the first time in months tomorrow evening. Very happy!

Excellent news @Marjo. Enjoy the time with your dad...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

My son rang me yesterday during his lunch break ... = ... to hear his voice always bucks me up / gives me a glow / feeling happy :womanvery-happy:

Friends & Family & the cat make my life ... & ... I'm very grateful for them all Cat Very Happy

Message 8 of 37

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Marjo wrote:

Excellent news @Marjo. Enjoy the time with your dad...

Also what I like is that since I'll be in Helsinki again for a few days, I get to see how the city has changed. There's always something new when I visit, as I don't go that often.

@Anonymous Ah of course, cats. heart Mine is currently curled up behind me in my work chair, leaving me only a couple of centimetres to sit there myself. Smiley LOL Cat

Message 9 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not to take this positive thinking thread off topic ...  but ... my cat is comfy on my bed amongst the duvet Cat Very Happy ... & ... he gives me positive thinking during my blue times, but not when he's stropping on the carpet / settee LOL but hey I really don't mind = Marty is a positive thing in my life :womanvery-happy:

Is there snow all year round in Helsinki @Marjo? the architecture looks very interesting ... here's wishing you a great time with your dad slight_smile

Message 10 of 37