cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone is lessening the impact of waiting for my car at least.

Meaker
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 14 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Got a Hyundai veloster turbo of which there are about 40 examples in the UK. Getting the engine rebuilt properly so I can mod it safely (turns out one of my rods was already starting to bend). It's getting forged internals, new catted downpipe, exhaust, front mount intercooler and a few supporting mods. Should make a chunk more power reliably.

It's just taking a while to get it all done properly!

Here is a pick of the car:

https://i.imgur.com/oplYxnA.jpg
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

busybeeathome
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Nice motor, I'm a Hyundai fan as I own an i20 (from 2015)- absolutely nothing on yours! Good cars though. Did you get a good phone for your upgrade or something?

Message 2 of 5

Meaker
  • 14 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Got the Xperia one ii, been watching the 21:9 on Disney plus as my bolt on. I pre-ordered early so have the 1000xm3 headphones coming.

My previous car was actually the i20 turbo edition which I had remapped to 120bhp. Was a great car but when a reasonable veloster came up I could not say no. I'm running an Android head unit designed for the car with buttons and climate/camera/gps support. Also had the steering wheel re-wrapped in Nappa leather.
Message 3 of 5

busybeeathome
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sounds great! You obviously know your cars and good that you've got an ace phone, only hear good stuff about Sony.

Message 4 of 5

Meaker
  • 14 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Phone is still working well, still waiting on the headphones that are supposed to ship at the end of this week.

I've been enjoying multi tasking with the extra space at the side of the screen with 16:9 content like a video then running a game or web browser in the remaining space.

Still waiting on the car but the final piece is waiting for a plane to come over so not too long now. Then it can all go together and it should sound and run pretty nicely when all back together.

Message 5 of 5