Did you mean: 

O2 On Snapchat?

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Hi guys,

I have been discussing with @Marjo about the possibility of O2 (or even just the O2 Community) having a Snapchat account.

Here are some of the reasons why I think it is a good idea:

• It is a good way for O2 to interact with its customers.
  • It has been popular for numerous celebrities and TV shows and helps to up their profiles.
  • It would bring O2 more into the 21st century.
  • It's fun.
  • It's safe and no personal information would be exchanged.
  • It is less formal.

If you already use Snapchat, would you be happy for O2 to join?

If you don't currently use Snapchat, would you consider getting it if O2 joined?

Your opinions would be greatly appreciated. slight_smile

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
I used SnapChat for a few months and even though I thought the features were interesting I personally found the App to be slightly heavy on Data Usage and was a battery hog.

That said I can't think of any initial reasons why not.
Message 2 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey  @gemz4the1 ! Great idea!  Good Idea

Sounds interesing... I don't use snapchat as much as other apps...but mainly because my friends don't use it.

It would be great if you could show us an specific example to see how it could be useful for the community. slight_smile 

Message 3 of 33

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

Basically, if a person or business signs up to Snapchat, they can send snapchats or stories to people who they add or who have added them (known as friends).

A snapchat is a picture or video that is taken by the user and can have text added to it.  A snapchat can be viewed by friends for a variable time between 3 and 10 seconds. A story is a snapchat that a user can post for all of their 'friends' to see for 24 hours.

I know a tv show that uses snapchat to interact with its viewers.  It sends out snapchats every day of teasers for the next episode.  Some celebrities also use it to send pics to people, which is similar to Twitter.

Message 4 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the example @gemz4the1 

I love the idea, have you speak with any other community members about it? 

Message 5 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 are already on Snapchat using the name o2uk.

Message 6 of 33

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Wht would you want to send a video or photo that can only be viewed for seconds? If they are that private or risqué maybe they shouldn't be sent at all. There again screen shot negates the privacy...

Message 7 of 33

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

O2 are already on Snapchat using the name o2uk.

I was not aware of this @Anonymous  - it is an official username of O2 as admin were not aware of this?

My suggestion was aimed more at the O2 Community joining.

Message 8 of 33

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
You mean the O2 community as in admins?
I can't see how Snapchat would be beneficial to a tech forum, I can probably guess which type of shows use Snapchat but that's because it appeals to the majority of viewers (15-25, Facebook following, fanatics) but o2 community?
Why?
Message 9 of 33

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
I'd also not use the word "safe" to describe Snapchat, nor would the parents of those underage girls who's naked photos got leaked because of a 3rd party exploit in the destruction system.
Message 10 of 33