cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

News on a mobile app or physical newspaper?

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Almost every newspaper company has got a mobile app these days. This is strongly backed by the research which reveals that people nowadays prefer to read/watch news stories on-the-go!

Looks like we've entered into an era of digital media with these smart & cool gadgets around us. So, is it right to say that, trends and our behaviour to access news has changed? How many of you still prefer to read a physical newspaper? Do you think it's an end of the physical newspaper? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Whist mobile apps are ok for news flashes etc on the go, you can't beat a physical newspaper. Fold the page where you are up to and put it down for an hour or so and pick it up where you left off.

Do that with the phone app and it's very probable that all the stories have been changed.

Plus the bonus of not being in danger of dropping your phone down the loo!!Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 5

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

I use the BBC News application as I don't to subscribe to things I won't read.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 3 of 5

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Abs wrote:How many of you still prefer to read a physical newspaper? Do you think it's an end of the physical newspaper? 

I stopped buying newspapers many years ago and read them usually on the pc, sometimes if out on the phone using a browser with bookmarks.

I think you can have too many apps.:smileyhappy:

I might pick up a newspaper on rare occasions if away from home to follow an in depth story.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 5

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Stopped buying them years ago as soon as we got broadband. Plus it got a bit boring cracking the small crossword in the Express in under 5 mins. Sudoku briefly took its place but the app on the Blackberry was better. Must dig out the Kakturo book sometime Smiley Frustrated  Otherwise its the phone browser now and oddly, the news channels on freeview. 

Physical papers are on the way out for content unless they get that Minority Report 'instant updates' type of paper into production. Kindles/Tablets are in the direction but not quite disposable yet!

Message 5 of 5