cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

News: WhatsApp now lets you know your message has been read!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Its always been a common misconception that the two ticks after you send a Whatsapp message meant that the message had been read, however this was only an indication that the message had been delivered, unlike BBM which has always shown you when a message has been sent and read!

Now, since this morning, WhatsApp will do the following:

1 grey tick = message has been sent

2 grey ticks = message has been delivered

2 blue ticks = message has been read

So now you know slight_smile

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145004 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions
What was the one green tick before then ? slight_smile
ps. Thanks wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 25

L_W_Ward
Level 12: Nimble
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

This is great to know. slight_smile now I can stalk peoples ability to read my messages like I do with iMessage....

iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 3 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

One green tick?

Would that be the Android version? I'm gonna guess at a "Sent" indication if its only one tick? No idea if I'm honest though haha slight_smile

Message 4 of 25

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions
Some people will love it and some people will hate it. I'm not bothered - as long as the message has been received then it's out of my hands...... slight_smile
Message 5 of 25

MI5
  • 145004 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

One green tick?

Would that be the Android version? I'm gonna guess at a "Sent" indication if its only one tick? No idea if I'm honest though haha slight_smile

Yes, on Android it would go from one green tick to two green ticks which I always "assumed" was delivered and read....?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah yeah, in that case, I'm gonna stick with my original answer, one tick would be sent, two ticks would be delivered...and I'm going to assume that from this morning on Android the two green ticks will turn blue when the message has been read!

Yup...confirmed: http://www.androidcentral.com/yes-whatsapp-now-has-blue-checks-read-messages

Message 7 of 25

MI5
  • 145004 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions
Ah, cheers for that slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 8 of 25

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Can we change the colour of the ticks?
Message 9 of 25

MI5
  • 145004 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
Can we change the colour of the ticks?

Only in Android LOL

Currently using:
Message 10 of 25