cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

News: Hackers hold 7 million Dropbox passwords ransom.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Headline : Hackers hold 7 million Dropbox passwords ransom.

Excerpts from the Link "Dropbox denies it has been compromised as hackers leak hundreds of passwords online, promising to release almost 7 million more if they're paid for the information."

"However, a Dropbox spokesperson has denied the hack:

Dropbox has not been hacked. These usernames and passwords were unfortunately stolen from other services and used in attempts to log in to Dropbox accounts. We'd previously detected these attacks and the vast majority of the passwords posted have been expired for some time now. All other remaining passwords have been expired as well."

My thoughts : Looks like yet another 'secure' online vault system 'may' have been compromised. I'm not sure what this means either !   "These usernames and passwords were unfortunately stolen from other services"

So A heads up to Dropbox users ~ I've changed my Password as a precaution anyway. 

Source : CNET.

Read more Here

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Is the algorithm or secure servers so weak, they can't do anything stop this?  I've noticed a prevalence in this type of hacking ever since cloud computing has become the in-thing. 

I think the answer would be to have more than one password or system notification to alert you and deactivate your account after so many attempts. 

No system is bulletproof though.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 2 of 2