cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

News; EE to terminate relationship with CarPhoneWarehouse?

Anonymous
Not applicable

EE is looking to pull out of its partnership with Carphone Warehouse, with a decision to be reached following a review of its consumer retail strategy. It will leave just O2 and Vodafone as viable options through Carphone Warehouse.

EE will also be reviewing its partnership with retailer Phones 4u and instead concentrate on dealing directly with consumers.

With O2 also ending their relationship with Phones4U, is this the end of mobile phone retailers that aren't linked directly to the networks?

Source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/mediatechnologyandtelecoms/telecoms/10883787/EE-thre...

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
I hope it stirs up the mobile phone high streets shops with the consumer coming out on top with deals and incentives. wink

Message 2 of 13

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
I think EE are going about this all wrong, not all are aware of the merger of orange and tmobile and EE, as someone new in some people's eyes need 3rd parties to sell contracts for them, there's only so much Kevin bacon can do.
Word of mouth won't help as anyone I know on EE suffer terrible signal, dropped connections and on price vs service, they are shockingly bad.
And in the case of phones 4 u, will they officially change name to voda 4 u or keep the same?
Message 3 of 13

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

With Phones 4U being removed from Currys - PCWorld stores as well, it's got to bad for their business, and I wonder if the removal of EE from CPW will scupper the DRG (Currys - PCWorld) deal.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I suspect that Vodafone may be watching in the wings. If EE pull from phones 4u then the value of that business will drop significantly making it a cheap purchase either for o2 or voda
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Personally I won't use CPW again if the merger with the Dixons Group goes ahead - I would rather pay extra and deal with the network direct than give any money to Currys. 

Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Agree with you @Anonymous

I normally do anything I can to avoid Currys Group companies but I do fear for phones 4 u and their future
Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
A lot a negative vibes guys !

Why may I ask ?
Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
In the past their sales and pricing practices were highly dubious and sometimes still are.

A product will be sold as £ xxx off, precisely sold at the higher price say 18 months ago! !!! Then they don't mention that two weeks earlier it was cheaper than the now special offer price.

Staff used to pounce on you as soon as you stepped in the shop. Not as bad now mind.
Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's sounds like a few retail businesses I've shopped at and worked for !

In retail it's instilled to Meet and Greet a customer. If you didn't and it was noticed you were for the high jump.

With Mystery Shoppers and Customers expecting high Customer Service levels it's sometimes hard as an employee to get it right.
Message 10 of 13