cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

News: Apple Watch reportedly launching in Spring 2015

Anonymous
Not applicable

A video message to employees of Apple today from the SVP of retail and Online Stores hinted at the launch of the Apple Watch coming in the spring of 2015. 

A transcript of the video included this quote:

"We're going into the holidays, we'll go into Chinese New Year, and then we've got a new watch launch coming in the spring."

Chinese New year next year is February 19th, so it could be March before we see the Watch.

Source: http://www.imore.com/apple-watch-reportedly-launching-spring-2015

On a side note, have Apple not tried to trademark the use of the word "Watch" yet? wink

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for posting this PapaDug.

At the moment I'm set against buying a wearable such as the iWatch due to its price and I'm not convinced it would meet my own wants and needs.

Plus the story of it needing charging every night and the uncertainty on its level of waterproofing.

Are you interested in these smart watches ?
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am, although not necessarily the Apple Watch.

I have a Nike watch that I use when I'm running, but I'd like a watch i could wear that does everything rather than just tell me the time, distance ran, etc.

I even had a look at the Pebble because, despite all the documentation, they are compatible with Blackberry 10 devices, but then I realised that they are kind of dated compared to the newer wearables on the market.

I'm just going to keep my eyes open

Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
A good idea to keep your options open. 😉

I'm still undecided unless one of the factors ref price was re thought.
Message 4 of 4