cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

News : Android can now wake you up when you're close to your bus stop

Anonymous
Not applicable
Android can now wake you up when you're close to your bus stop.

"If you've ever taken the bus or subway home after drinking too much at a party, you know how tough it can be to get off at the right stop -- you may fall asleep well before then. That shouldn't be an issue if you're using a recent Android phone, however. Android Police has noticed that the latest version of Google Now on Android lets you set an alarm that wakes you up shortly before a favorite destination comes up; you can safely catch some shut-eye knowing that you'll still be home on time. There are third-party apps that offer similar reminders, but it's good to have a built-in safety net when you're not entirely sober."

My thoughts :

Being a commuter this has happened to me scores of times after a day of graft both on the bus and Train ,and have had to catch said transport back or walk. 😞

Now where's the iOS App for that ?

Source ; Engadget.

http://www.engadget.com/2014/06/08/google-now-mass-transit-alarm/
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123004 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

How on earth would this work?

I presume you would need to be sober enough to set the app to wake you up on a particular journey at the

relevant time??....Mmmmm.. Doubt that would work Evil

Most of my friends in a drunken state, would fail to wake up if airhorns were blown right next to them LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Cleoriff

Fair point. slight_smile

I can set a reminder on my iPhone to alert me on reaching a location, so it's a viable option to have an app although data use would be a point to note as your phone checks your location as you commute etc.
Message 3 of 5

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
@Anonymous maybe thread title change, android will notify everyone on the tube at 1am, the unconscious alchy in the seat over there has an expensive phone.
Message 4 of 5

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
@Anonymous maybe thread title change, android will notify everyone on the tube at 1am, the unconscious alchy in the seat over there has an expensive phone.

My thoughts exactly Horrified

When one of the buses I used to get back from a night out ran right across South London, I fell asleep, woke up past my stop, fell asleep again woke up coming back the other way and eventually got to my stop.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 5 of 5