Did you mean: 

New web browser for power users

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey guys, 

I for one would be totally lost without tab browsing both for work and personal use but its easy to end up with way to many tabs open making finding the one your looking for a pain and also slowing down the old PC. 

The recently launched Vivaidi browser has some pretty cool features like allowing you to view several web pages in the same tab and set up custom keyboard shortcuts for the various functions.

I'll definitely be giving this a go soon!

Do you guys have a preference when it comes to your web browser and if so why?  

Full article here

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

I use opera because it's fast & smooth, Safari solely because it's Apples stock internet browser 

Message 2 of 19

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

It's certainly one I'll be looking at. I usually have far too many tabs open,  though with virginmediia my laptop usually copes OK.

Message 3 of 19

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Anonymous I'm on Safari too but end up with so many tabs open (especially when working) that I have to scroll along them to find the one I'm looking for. Smiley Very Happy

@jonsie The multi-page in one tab is very interesting. Will see it in action before I rate it but if it works smoothly it's a fantastic feature. 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 4 of 19

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 5 of 19

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Think its based on Chrome so should be plenty to choose from once there past the initial launch window. 

signature

Message 6 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 123027 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

Interesting but I will stick with what I know.....can't see the point of changing if I am happy with what I've got. Not exactly a 'Power User' anyway....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 19

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Interesting but I will stick with what I know.....can't see the point of changing if I am happy with what I've got. Not exactly a 'Power User' anyway....:smileywink:

I agree to an extent but I'm always willing to try something new if it is indeed a better experience. If not, there is always the unintstall option wink

Message 8 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 123027 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

I agree to an extent but I'm always willing to try something new if it is indeed a better experience. If not, there is always the unintstall option wink

Difference being you are far more tech savvy than me. If I  get used to something and it works well I can never see the point of change. Probably why I am still running two laptops on Win 7.

Medical tech though....now that's different ....I embrace that and am all for change if it benefits the patient...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 19

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions