Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Years Honour list 2016

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123475 Posts
  • 827 Topics
  • 7477 Solutions

The New Years Honours list has been released tonight. Many of our sporting Olympians have been honoured

We now have Sir Andy Murray and Sir Mo Farah....Katherine Grainger and Jessica Ennis Hill become Dames

Personally I was 'tickled to see' Ken Dodd also received a Knighthood ...At 89 and still perfoming it's well deserved.

Ray Davies (Kinks) also received a knighthood

Full list here...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/dec/30/andy-murray-knighted-in-new-year-honours-list-reward...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13534 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

Well deserved too.

Message 2 of 5

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

I'm surprised Ken Dodd has had to wait so long in all honesty but even more surprised that our athletes received such an honour at such an early age. I'm not saying they don't deserve it as they represented our country with distinguished honour at the highest competition levels.

I'm made up for Ray Davies though, one of my all-time favourites.

Message 3 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 123475 Posts
  • 827 Topics
  • 7477 Solutions

Ken Dodd is long overdue recognition for his work. He is booked every year for our Civic Hall venue His concerts sell out year after year.  He gives a full 3 hour concert helped only by the 'Diddymen' (Particularly Dickie Mint) LOL. He makes me cry with laughter. He also has an outstanding singing voice. . 

Ray Davies....love his work. One of my favourite groups of the 60's ...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 123475 Posts
  • 827 Topics
  • 7477 Solutions

By the way this will please @MI5 Susie Wolff has an MBE in the N Y Honours list....Dance

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/susie-wolff-receives-mbe-in-uk-new-year-honours-list-862179/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 5