Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Service From Samsung

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Here is something that may help those who can't do without their phone for any length of time.

Note, repairs are carried out by approved repairers and where warranty does not apply, there is a 3 month guarantee on repairs carried out.

I'm not too sure whether O2 Insure would consider this for their replacement screen service but it would definitely be a quicker turnaround than sending it off for repair.

This is not a recommendation, merely an alternative and I am sure the cost would be more expensive than posting the device off direct to Samsung or returning it to O2 and to be what you would expect from a mobile service.

Samsung Doorstep Repair for phones
Samsung offers a fleet of mobile workshop vans all over the UK that can perform repairs on your doorstep. Get same day repair options with one-hour time slots and repairs that are normally completed in under an hour – perfect for repairing broken screens or replacing an old or defective battery.Keep your original factory warranty when you get your device repaired with Samsung. Where the factory warranty doesn’t apply, we give you a 3-month warranty on your repair.

Step 1
Check for any software updates and follow our troubleshooting guides to confirm a repair is required

Step 2
Visit the doorstep repairs page and enter your postcode to find a mobile workshop in your area

Step 3
Choose your device and the repair required, as well as your preferred day

Step 4
We will come to you within an hour window and complete the repair inside our mobile workshop

* Service available in selected locations in mainland UK. Parking required. Book online. Out of warranty repairs only.
Samsung Doorstop Repair Service is operated by a licensed third party operator with Samsung qualified engineers using genuine parts only.

Contact us to arrange your repair, or if you need help troubleshooting your issue

• Live chat Need an immediate answer? Use our live chat tool to speak to a qualified Samsung expert who can help troubleshoot or book repair appointments.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Home call outs are available from a few companies so they’ll need to be competitive on price but should do well and a big help for some people I’m sure.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

That's great news @jonsie

There are numerous people who can't get out and about, so a service like this will be worth the extra they have to pay.

Thanks for the heads up. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

How long before the AA, RAC and Green Flag get in on the act I wonder slight_smile

Message 4 of 5

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

How long before the AA, RAC and Green Flag get in on the act I wonder slight_smile

rofl

Message 5 of 5